PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Little Hands to Heaven for their preschool curriculum?

live~laugh~love
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
I read the reviews on homeschoolreviews.com and liked what ppl had to say. Has anyone here used it? What did you think? My 4 yo ds is very active and I know he wouldn't sit well for workbook type stuff.

Peace,
Chanda

LittleSweetPeas
02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
We have it. I like it but dont love it. Some of the activities are very repetitive and unoriginal. :shrug I thought I would really like having a Bible story tied to the day's lesson but I found for my DD that once we read it one time and did the song one time she was through with it. She was almost looking at me as if to say, "Can we please move on from Noah's Ark?" I made it to C.

But thats just one mamas opinion! Oh, the tapes were really dull to me as well. The singer is :yawn and I hate that they would want you to play tape A song 6 and trying to find that on a cassette tape is ridiculous. CD's would defintiely be the way to go if they were available. :shrug

live~laugh~love
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you for your honesty :rockon. Well, I'm not sure if we'll like it now :scratch. I'll do more research :cool

fourbygrace
03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Well, we tried it last year and I ended up selling it this year. I too found it to be repetitive and unoriginal. (I made it to B, so PP made it longer than I did. )

HOWEVER, we kept the tapes "The Singing Bible" because we LOVED the songs . . . all of my kiddos liked them (8, 6, 4 and 2 year old). :lol Maybe we are hokey. We ended up just listening to them straight thru without following her suggestion of the same song for the whole week.

MHO,
Mary

RubySlippers
03-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Ummmm, I actually like it....but I haven't gotten through D. :blush
I attributed it to my laziness...as the program is not difficult. :shifty
I really think the program is cute, but now you ladies have me wondering if I'm lazy or just bored. :eek

LittleSweetPeas
03-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I'll add we've only listened to a few songs on the tape--mostly the ones needed for A-C.

And I think this would work for a lot of kids. Mine is just the type that loses interest in things quickly. She's like her mama, "Okay I get it now, can we move on??" :giggle I know a lot of other kids who thrive on doing the same things over and over. :smile