PDA

View Full Version : NOTHING is working...not even nursing to sleep

TrinMama
10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Well, if anyone read my venting a few days ago, you know that we hit a wall :banghead and dd of 11mo has gone backwards in her sleeping/going to sleep routine. i do all the same things (dh is basically out of commission, being a full time student right now, so i'm on my own with bedtime), nurse, sing, rock, try the pantley pull off.........i even have been laying down with her now since that has seemed to be only thing to work. Well, what do I do when she has nursed TWICE on each side (no kidding), refuses to be walked (she tosses violently, screaming), throws a fit when I put her down, and i feel like i have empty balloons with no more milk to give. She is only comfort nursing by this point, and truly i feel that even that is not working. Tonight i went through all the above, after the normal routine, she was asleep, i got up, she tossed and turned a bit, i left, and she wakes up. she won't stay in the sling, either. what else is there for me to do? i really don't like walking out leaving her crying, but last night and tonight i have needed to because i was so exasperated. all this is making me feel like throwing my own fit. :hissyfit

any help is going to be wonderful.

Havilah
10-18-2005, 06:25 PM
does she need some motrin? hylands?

could she be teething or have an ear infection?

can you put her in the car for some peace? :blush

there were times where i'd done everything i knew to do short of a whisky toddy, and we just had to lay in the bed and cuddle, nurse and cry. when nothing was working, i found that my changing gears frequently (from nursing, to bouncing, to rocking...) seemed to keep him just stimulated enough not to go to sleep. sometimes it helped to pick the one that was most soothing *most of the time* and continue to do it while praying for grace, peace and sleep. eventually he always fell asleep.

i've totally btdt with terrible sleep issues and you have my sympathy :hug

~yogamom~
10-18-2005, 06:31 PM
:hug

I've had nights with my dd like this and they are awful! If your dd isnt too tired, could you put her in a mini-gym or something so she can play a little and you can blow off some steam? If she's too tired to want to be put down, frankly what I do when my dd is like that is watch a movie. The TV usually marginally interests her and she lets me rock and sway her while we "watch" something. It also heps me not get too frustrated at her because at least I am watching a movie I like! And here I said I'd never watch TV with my dd around before she was at least 3! I agree that motrin or tylenol might help-- it sounds like maybe she is in pain. :sad2