PDA

View Full Version : i found an awesome way to nightwean

Roma
09-29-2005, 09:43 AM
my DS is really into books so instead of nursing him back to sleep i start reciting his favorite books and he is going back to sleep with no fuss. WOW. who would have thunk it...i think i'll start reciting the lord's prayer too, it will be nice for him to hear that. he is reaching out for us more than typical to make sure we're there so we'll wait on moving to the toddler bed at night until this is in place more.

so far so good, Praise Jesus

Irene
09-29-2005, 09:48 AM
wow thats awesome! My ds is starting to love books more too, but he doenst sleep go to sleep with them :/ sometimes I will say here read a book, and he will, but then I usually get banged in the head with it when hes done.
Im glad its working for you!! :tu thats great!!!

Radosny Matka
09-30-2005, 06:39 PM
:tu

Roma
10-01-2005, 06:17 AM
the second night it wasn't working and i had a migrane so i just nursed, but last night it worked very well again. a few times i nursed quickly and pulled off and started reciging stuff :tu

jill358ws
10-04-2005, 07:18 PM
:nak This is a good idea. Another idea is to keep a water bottle by the bed with a straw. The sucking of the water is a good replacement and sometimes their thirsty.

Suzanne
10-14-2005, 06:04 AM
That's a fanastic idea about the books! Dd is just starting to get more into "favorites" to read... but I've never had the motivation to sit up at night and read her back to sleep! LAZY me! :) I need to rethink the nursing all night though ...

Roma
10-14-2005, 05:55 PM
That's a fanastic idea about the books! Dd is just starting to get more into "favorites" to read... but I've never had the motivation to sit up at night and read her back to sleep! LAZY me! :) I need to rethink the nursing all night though ...

oh i don't actually get the book and read. i have them memorized and i just start reciting them

we're actually taking a break because more teeth are coming in but after that i think it will be quick to get back into it.

TrinMama
10-16-2005, 06:53 PM
That's awesome! How old is your baby? I want to try, but I just vented about our regression in sleep, so I think it will be a LOOOOONG time before we are in that place.

Roma
10-17-2005, 10:23 AM
he is 18 1/2 months. it was going really well until the eye teeth/molars started coming. i'm still going to try to put him in the toddler bed as much as possible (its in our room) but sometimes it is just easier with the nightwaking to keep him near us. when the teething is over i know we can pick up right where we left off