PDA

View Full Version : Hotslings?

mama2mychildren
08-16-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm new to babywearing. I was going to try out the Lucky Baby Sling but they arent selling the one I want anymore. :( Anyways, I remember seeing a lot about hotslings and am wondering what you all think about them?

rachelmarie
08-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I LOVE my hotsling! I can't remember how old ds was when I got it - maybe 2 months? But I had been using the new native and he just got too heavy for it. It hung too low on me and was incredibly uncomfortable. I got the hotsling and since it is worn higher up it is a lot more comfortable. I wore him in the cradle hold until he was about 4.5 months old. He would sleep for a really long time in it. He also enjoyed riding in the kangaroo hold while he was awake. Now that he is too big for the cradle (he's 7 months now) I mainly use my hotsling for when we go out and I wear him in the hip carry. I think it is super comfortable no matter which carry you do. I nursed him in it a couple times and that was in the hip carry (but he was more on my front, obviously) while we were at the beach. Maybe someone else here has more experience nursing while using the hotsling. I've just never taken the time to figure it out! :D HTH!

mackinsiesmom
08-22-2005, 08:49 PM
I could never get my hotsling to feel comfortable. I have also talk to some other mom's who have said the same thing. I don't know exactly why it never worked for me but then again that is what is great about babywearing. What won't work for some will work for others.

katie

milkmommy
08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
I give mine a 4 out of five truth is I really need padding in the shoulder, WHile I can use my comfortably its only by spreading the fabric open across my back and shoulder making it impossible to use that arm. However it gives a snug fit which I love DD likes it the fabric is great the customer service is super great and it fits in a diaper bag.
Another thing to consider my DD is almost 30lbs and I didn't get one of these till she was atleast 25+lbs slinging say a 6 month old would probaby feel diffrent.

Deanna

AngelBee
08-22-2005, 10:20 PM
I love my fleece Hotsling! :heart

traceyd
08-25-2005, 10:42 PM
I started using a hotsling w/ds when he was around 5 months old and it was great. I do still use it now (he's 21 months old) but I can't use it for long periods of time now because he's so heavy. I mainly use it grocery shopping. I like it because it is very compact when folded up and it is easy to get on and off and get the baby in and out of quickly. I do recommend the leg padding too.

Novella
08-30-2005, 06:38 PM
I love my hotsling-- and many others do too! LOL! The pic/avitar is of me wearing DS in my hotsling. The key to loving your hotsling is getting the sizing correct. Don't hesitate to contact Kristen (email on the web site) about the sizing!

GOOD LUCK!! :tu

LoveToReadMommy
09-03-2005, 07:07 PM
I have that same one that Mommy2Joshua has, it's beautiful on you! It was my first hotsling, I now have 3. I love them, but the trick is to get the correct size! I went up a size and am much more comfortable. Their customer service is great also.

RosieTook
09-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I love my hotsling too....sizing is very important, but our is lovely! At first it was tough because I was used to the adjustablity of a ring sling, but after getting used to the tightness when putting her in it, I really came to love it! I find it is the best sling to wear dd on my back...I just put her in the hip carry and then swing it around. It's very secure and comfy :tu