PDA

View Full Version : Help need gluten free meal ideas

milkmommy
08-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Some old friends of DH are staying with us tommorow on their way to San Diego, I jut learned they are gluten free I want to know what can I make. They have no kids it it matters.. I'll probably need to provide dinner and breakfast.

Deanna

Irene
08-09-2005, 01:36 PM
we have a thread going on down below called favorite allergy free foods and I have a lot of dinner ideas, let me know if you need more recipes :)

there is also a good gf pancake recipe someone just posted today (or yesterday) too :tu

milkmommy
08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
we have a thread going on down below called favorite allergy free foods and I have a lot of dinner ideas, let me know if you need more recipes :)

there is also a good gf pancake recipe someone just posted today (or yesterday) too :tu

HAve a link to the thread?

Deanna

Mothering by Heart
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=19672.0

Irene
08-09-2005, 01:53 PM
then the pancake one
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/mb/index.php?topic=20790.0

Mothering by Heart
08-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks, Irene. :)

milkmommy
08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
:highfive Checking them out now :ty

Deanna

milkmommy
08-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Okay so here is my ideas will this work? (I'd like to see if I can avoid shopping ;)) They are neither Veggie or dairy free..
Dinner
baked chicken (marinated in soy with marjoram, oregano, and rosemary) with steamed carrots and broccoli ans baked pototos with butter (is buter okay or should I provide like smart balance?)

Dessert
Still deciding

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs (we use egg beaters the whites only in the cartons is this okay?) with tomato and green onions and sliced canalope and honey dew melon. Orange juice (can I just use a ready made consentrate like minute maid orange?)

I have coffee, herbal teas, diet and regular cokes and of course water to offer as beverages. Please let me know if this sounds okay so far?

Deanna

Irene
08-09-2005, 02:32 PM
sounds good! :tu as long as they arent dairy free, butter would be fine, Im pretty sure. instant coffee and some teas have gluten, but I dont think herbal tea does. at least not that I have ever found!

oh yeah! soy sauce! soy sauce has wheat in it most of the time unless you get tamari or braggs!

Ive never looked at the ingredients in egg beaters, so have no idea there. but its just egg right?

milkmommy
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Humm :think well what IF I do a vinager marinate instead of the soy? Its basically
. olive oil,. wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper
We have regular Maxwell house coffee, like you use in coffee makers any idea if its okay? I don't have the orginal package anymore :shifty
ETA - inredients on the egg beaters
Egg whites (99%), less than 1%: Natural flavor, color (includes beta carotene), spices, salt, onion powder, vegetable gums (xanthan gum, guar gum). (okay?)
Deanna

milkmommy
08-10-2005, 01:47 PM
So am I good to go ? They should be arriving around 4pm.... I don't want anyone getting sick because of me.

Deanna

Irene
08-10-2005, 03:29 PM
oh sorry! yes I think that looks good, at least the marinade :tu Im just not sure about the natural flavor and color in the eggs, but we are allergic to so much I get confused about whether we cant have it because its gluten, flavors, dairy whatever! but I am pretty sure its okay! I would maybe just ask tonite when they get here if the eggs are okay, then maybe you can get some real eggs if they arent? would that be too hard or inconvenient?

milkmommy
08-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks I did dinner and no complaints and so far everyone is still alive :shifty. DH went to go show them the campus so I'm seaking on line fo a bit (he took Cecilia) I'm going to just go get a dozen real eggs I'd rather keep it safe. I haven't asked but I like to get some good old organic farm raised into Cecilia and DH anyways.

Deanna