Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help need gluten free meal ideas

Some old friends of DH are staying with us tommorow on their way to San Diego, I jut learned they are gluten free I want to know what can I make. They have no kids it it matters.. I'll probably need to provide dinner and breakfast.

Deanna
Old 08-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
Irene

Default Re: Help need gluten free meal ideas

we have a thread going on down below called favorite allergy free foods and I have a lot of dinner ideas, let me know if you need more recipes

there is also a good gf pancake recipe someone just posted today (or yesterday) too
Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #3
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Location: Sunniest place on Earth and hotter than Phoenix! Might as well be sitting on the sun...
milkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond reputemilkmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene
we have a thread going on down below called favorite allergy free foods and I have a lot of dinner ideas, let me know if you need more recipes

there is also a good gf pancake recipe someone just posted today (or yesterday) too
HAve a link to the thread?

Deanna
Old 08-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #4
Mothering by Heart
Deactivated

Mothering by Heart is on a distinguished road

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...?topic=19672.0
Mothering by Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
Irene

then the pancake one
http://www.gentlechristianmothers.co...?topic=20790.0
Old 08-09-2005, 01:54 PM   #6
Mothering by Heart
Deactivated

Mothering by Heart is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Irene.
Mothering by Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Checking them out now

Deanna
Old 08-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #8
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Okay so here is my ideas will this work? (I'd like to see if I can avoid shopping ) They are neither Veggie or dairy free..
Dinner
baked chicken (marinated in soy with marjoram, oregano, and rosemary) with steamed carrots and broccoli ans baked pototos with butter (is buter okay or should I provide like smart balance?)

Dessert
Still deciding

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs (we use egg beaters the whites only in the cartons is this okay?) with tomato and green onions and sliced canalope and honey dew melon. Orange juice (can I just use a ready made consentrate like minute maid orange?)

I have coffee, herbal teas, diet and regular cokes and of course water to offer as beverages. Please let me know if this sounds okay so far?

Deanna
Old 08-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #9
Irene

sounds good! as long as they arent dairy free, butter would be fine, Im pretty sure. instant coffee and some teas have gluten, but I dont think herbal tea does. at least not that I have ever found!

oh yeah! soy sauce! soy sauce has wheat in it most of the time unless you get tamari or braggs!

Ive never looked at the ingredients in egg beaters, so have no idea there. but its just egg right?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:41 PM   #10
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Humm well what IF I do a vinager marinate instead of the soy? Its basically
. olive oil,. wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper
We have regular Maxwell house coffee, like you use in coffee makers any idea if its okay? I don't have the orginal package anymore
ETA - inredients on the egg beaters
Egg whites (99%), less than 1%: Natural flavor, color (includes beta carotene), spices, salt, onion powder, vegetable gums (xanthan gum, guar gum). (okay?)
Deanna
Old 08-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #11
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

So am I good to go ? They should be arriving around 4pm.... I don't want anyone getting sick because of me.

Deanna
Old 08-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #12
Irene

oh sorry! yes I think that looks good, at least the marinade Im just not sure about the natural flavor and color in the eggs, but we are allergic to so much I get confused about whether we cant have it because its gluten, flavors, dairy whatever! but I am pretty sure its okay! I would maybe just ask tonite when they get here if the eggs are okay, then maybe you can get some real eggs if they arent? would that be too hard or inconvenient?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:46 PM   #13
milkmommy
Rose Garden

sisters!

Thanks I did dinner and no complaints and so far everyone is still alive . DH went to go show them the campus so I'm seaking on line fo a bit (he took Cecilia) I'm going to just go get a dozen real eggs I'd rather keep it safe. I haven't asked but I like to get some good old organic farm raised into Cecilia and DH anyways.

Deanna