PDA

View Full Version : baby bjorn

BeckaBlue
08-03-2005, 05:42 PM
i got one at goodwill yestray for 50C!! the same one is selling for ound $40 on ebay! anyways..i think i might try it out for nik, easier than a wrap, yk? hes well within the weight limit (being 33lbs, nik is almost 24). i know some think that baby carriers other than slings are bad, but what is really the problem with them? and would it really mattr with an almost 2yo?

kris10s
08-03-2005, 06:27 PM
The weight limit on the normal bjorns is 22 lbs and 25 pounds for the baby bjorn active.

Joesmomma
08-04-2005, 01:07 PM
I can't remember in my new mommy mind where I read it, but the Bjorn but alot of pressure on the spine with the position they have the baby in. I am not sure if this would affect a toddler the same way or not. I did use one for a little while with my son and after he was about 18 pounds, it did get uncomfortable, unlike the sling where I ddin't have any discomfort.
Therese

BeckaBlue
08-04-2005, 01:14 PM
The weight limit on the normal bjorns is 22 lbs and 25 pounds for the baby bjorn active.

the one i have states on one of the tags as 33lbs being the max wgt :) it looks jsut like the other bjorns, but that's what it says :shrug the straps are wider than i remember on the one i had when kenz was a babe (that i hated cuz it was too hard to get her in/out, but i hated the sling more, my friend was a fisher price perfect support carrir, though #1, 2, and till 3 was 7mo) so maybe that's what the dif is?

Im only thinking using it because itll use both shoulders and is quicker to put on then the wrap. the regular sling is great for a couple hrs, but when he's on almost all day, my shoulder get so sore!

I think im just gonna try it one of those days that hes on for most of the day and see how it works out for us :)

Zoesmama
08-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I tried one I got for $5 and thought was a good deal but WTG on the 50 cents. :tu

DD hated it though I got a Maya wrap sling later and she loved it she would sleep while I did all my Christmas shopping and I used it a bit at the zoo before.