PDA

View Full Version : Did you use sposies?

BeckaBlue
06-21-2005, 10:27 AM
just curious.

I switched when nik was 7mts and abbey was just turning 2. (so i don't even knwo if i switched w/ #2 or 3? hmmm...)

Mama Calidad
06-21-2005, 10:34 AM
We switched to cloth when DD was about 3 months old. :D

4LovesMom
06-21-2005, 10:38 AM
I used them for a month before using cds with our first. Then went back to disposables after he was 6 months old. When #2 was born, I didn't even plan on using cds - it sounded too hard. Then along came #3 and I was tired of the price and the waste of disposables so now all 3 are in cloth - ds is 4 and 1/2 but wears cloth at night, and both our 2 year old and 3-month-old use cds. Whew! What a history.

Lois
06-21-2005, 11:08 AM
I use cloth...but sposies at night...and sometimes when traveling

gentlemama
06-21-2005, 11:28 AM
I remember one of the ways I "convinced" Dh to try for a baby was telling him I would do cloth diapers to save money, so I have done them from the beginning.

Sara
06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I used disposables with #1. I used cloth with #2 from birth up until a few months ago (she is 28 months) when I switched to disposables. I switched back to disposables for two reasons - first, I can't seem to get the stink out of our diapers and second, I'm just overwhelmed right now and washing diapers is an added burden that I don't need. But throwing all those diapers in the garbage just kills me! :( And I also don't like the idea of the chemicals in the disposables.

IslandMama
06-21-2005, 12:06 PM
I used sposies with my 1st, then my 2nd had bad eczema, so Dr suggested cloth... I was a working mom then, so I did sposies when she was at childcare... With 3rd ds, I worked full time (and hated every minute of it!) and didn't even think to use cds. With 4th dd, she also had eczema and bad rashes, switched right away to cloth, then became obsessed with cds! Baby #5 will only know cloth... :hearts

GodChick
06-21-2005, 12:44 PM
used sposies with dd1 because i didn't know all the benefits of cloth. i'm in the process of switching to cloth now with dd2.

Radosny Matka
06-21-2005, 01:44 PM
I switched my 1st at 2 years, and I used yuck-sposibles on Patrick for 3 weeks until his umbilical cord fell off.

Moon
06-21-2005, 02:57 PM
I didn't vote, none of 'em sounded appropiate for us :shrug We've done cloth from the beginning, but both the big two also wore sposies quite abit. First kiddo started in a mix of sposies and cloth, mostly just cloth at home until he was a toddler. Second kiddo came along while first one was still in dipes and used mostly cloth (just sposies occasionally for outings). Until 4 months old, that's when we had a huge housefire, none of the fluff survived. First kiddo went from sposies to skivies once we were settled back into our new home, and we got the second one back into cheapo prefolds just before her first birthday, then she potty trained herself at 16 months. Third kiddo was 100% cloth from the start, he wore sposies for a short time around 9-10 months on a long trip. I'd taken cloth but we ended up staying with friends who have 10 kiddos, their washer/dryer runs constantly and I didn't want to be more of an inconvenience to her. I used them up as quickly as I could and had his bum back in fluff pronto. #4 is due in September and unless we have a similar situation will be 100% cloth.

CandyLayne
06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
i discovered cloth when jaycie was 5 months. i've always gone in spells of getting 'burned out' w/ cloth so i'd switch back and forth. :blush

RosieTook
06-21-2005, 05:14 PM
We started cloth at 6 weeks, we didn't have the money to buy cloth until after dd was born and my mat benefits came in. We hope to never use a sposie again!

Iarwain
06-21-2005, 06:58 PM
I chose that I switched with my first, but really we did use cloth from the day they came home, just not exclusively. We did cloth off and on with the twins but mostly on. We'd switch back to sposies when life got too hectic for a while. The others were all in cloth from the start.

Embracing Grace
06-21-2005, 07:25 PM
We switched at about 4 months, but went back and forth for a while. Now we're totally cloth. :grin

BornFreeBaby
06-22-2005, 05:36 AM
My sister used cloth 13 years ago, w/ her first but used the pins and all that and I thought it just seemed so hard. I didn't know very much about the chemicals in sposies. When dd was born, no one talked to be about cloth, so I had no idea how much they had changed. I had no idea that they made more dh-friendly snappy, easy, adorable cd's until I came to GCM. Sarah was a sposie baby from birth, but now is newly cd'ed at 18 months old.

I feel like singing, "I once was lost, but now I'm found!" So a previously mainstream momma wanted to find a more gentle way of parenting- and stumbled across lots more!

ebethmom
06-24-2005, 09:13 PM
We switched to cloth when ds was 8 months old. We haven't bought a sposie since! Ds is 3 1/2 now, and finally potty trained! He still wears Fuzzi Bunz at night, though.

Dd is 11 months old, and has only worn cloth. I'm so glad we found cloth!