PDA

View Full Version : Do toddlers get jealous?

Blue Aurora
06-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Our son recently transitioned to sleeping all night in his own room(he's almost 13 mo) We're expecting another one in January and I was wondering if he's going to want to sleep with us again just b/c the baby gets too. Has anyone had experience with this?

AmyDoll
06-09-2005, 04:39 PM
i dont know about the bed thing but sam has a new cousin and he def. doesnt like that baby on his grandma's lap! he stomped his foot and said "can't stand it" (yes he learned that from his mother :O)

I'd expect some kind of transition - maybe have a toddler bed in your room? just in case? you can get em pretty cheap at yardsales or second hand. ive seen several for under 15$

((hugs))

2sunshines
06-09-2005, 04:51 PM
No one can really answer that for you. Only time will tell.

My ds was 26 months when dd was born. When I was pregnant we transitioned ds into his own room and when dd was born she slept with us. We never had a problem. I was wondering if we would... But we did it early enough in the pregnancy, so that there was time between him sleeping with us and the new baby sleeping with us. We also watched his cues and did it slowly and gently enough so there was no feelings of him being "pushed" out of the bed to make room for the new one or anything... I didn't want him to link him leaving the bed with her coming into the bed.

The toddler bed in your room is a great idea. We still have one in our room just in case both kids (they are now 2 and 4 and both sleep together in a different room by their choice) decide to come to our bed at night.