PDA

View Full Version : wipe warmer and home made wipes/solution...

zak
06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
So... I went to Toys R Us today to get a new wet pad for my wipe warmer... they don't have them there?!?! That's where I got the think in the first place! :mad

Anyhow... Hubby said he wanted me to use a homemade solution and wipe system. So... can I do this w/ the wipe warmer?? I love the warmness of the wipes.. and Jack obviously prefers it to cold on his hiney.

Also... since I can't get a new pad at TRU... can I use something as a substitute to keep the moisture in the wipes?

I know BetsyPage uses a solution in a spray bottle, that also appeals to me.... so then there would be no point in the wipe warmer...

Anyhow... just wondering (either way if I do/don't switch to homemade solution) how can I continue to use the wipe warmer? (I let it go too long w/o checking the bottom of the pad... and it's brown. I had no idea... the top was still white and soft and wet!).

Moon
06-03-2005, 02:24 PM
I've heard of just keeping water with some essential oils in it (to keep it from stinking) in the wipes warmer. Then dunk the wipes in to wet as needed.

I keep the wipes dry on the changing table, then wet with warmish water in the kitchen sink as needed.

GodChick
06-03-2005, 03:53 PM
i fill a large thermos with warm water and keep it at the changing table.

LoveToReadMommy
06-05-2005, 05:04 PM
I love my system. I keep the wipes next to the warmer, and in the warmer I put distilled water, dr bronners liquid soap, olive and apricot oil, some lavendar essential oil. It's great. I use it to give him sponge baths too. I just dunk a wipe when I need it. (hint, I keep the supplies and measureing cups in a basket next to it also, so when it comes time to make more, it's easy and all there, otherwise I wouldn't get around to it. It only last about 5 days, but he's a newborn, so I'm changing a lot)