PDA

View Full Version : Home made wipies

lovemychildren
05-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Would it be a good deal to purchase those babywashclothes that they sell at any store.. they are reallly super soft and about maybe 4inches X 4inches square..

I was thinking if I'm going to CD for the first time, it may be a good idea to have wipes to wash with them. I could just wet them before I wipe right?

Close2MyHeart
05-19-2005, 01:42 PM
or you could make your own wipes :)

I don't CD tho... I assume you clean the butts the same as w/ disposables, but maybe not?? :shrug

Moon
05-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I wet them in the kitchen sink as I need them. Some people use a wipes warmer with water and some essential oils to keep it from stinking, then put wipes in to get wet as needed. Other's keep a spritz/spray bottle near the diaper changing area and squirt the wipes as needed.

I wouldn't use those puny baby wipes, they really can be a pain! Been there done that. A pack of cheapo washclothes in bulk would be far more efficient.

My favorites are the ones I've made with flannel on one side and velour on the other, the velour is grabby enough and does a great job. I prefer 8" x 8" for size.

Larissa
05-19-2005, 02:58 PM
I use cloth wipes. I bought some of the baby wash cloths...and I made some of my own.

I use a spray bottle and wet the wipes as I use them. I use a solution with water, mineral oil, baby wash, and some tea tree oil.

You will quickly find what works best for you.

lovemychildren
05-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Wow, great replies! I'm learning more by the hour! I really like the idea of a spritz bottle... w/a solution.. Could you give me a solution measurement?? Like how many teaspoons per 12oz bottle or whatever??? :D hank you guys soooo much!! I'm so blessed to have found ya'll.

jengi33
05-20-2005, 07:23 AM
I've been using the baby washclothes and they work great! I put them in a wipes warmer. Then wet with a mixture of water, a drop of baby wash, and a drop of lavender oil. I love it! I also made some homemade ones, but they are a little big right now for her little bum, so using them as burp rags for the present time!

milkmommy
05-20-2005, 08:46 AM
I use cloth wipes comercial ones give her horrible rashes I use a combination of cheep washclothes (factory2U 16 for like $3) and sherpa flannel ones. I like both. I just keep them dry then run one under warm water, I used to have some kissaluv lotion potion I'd sometimes squirt on a wipe when she had a bowel movement sinse shes always red after one, but I'm out and can't afford any right now. :( I just keep a small spray bottle with a misture of water and TT oil (to keep water from getting stale) and sray on a wipe when needed.

Deanna

Radosny Matka
05-22-2005, 06:54 PM
I zigzagged 2 pieces of flannel together. They work awesome. :D

Radosny Matka
05-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Oh ya, wanted to add, I put make a cloth wipe mixture - some water, some baby oil, a little tea tree oil, and some baby wash in a container and mix it together. I dip my wipes in, wring them out, and then store them in another tupperware container. That way I have wipes ready to use.

lovemychildren
05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
O my gosh, you guys have helped me soooooooo much. I should by some flannel and sew together.. my mom just gave me her 20 y/o sewing maching and i'm getting the hang of it... well.. .trying.