PDA

View Full Version : my neighbor's a Sears gal

Dizzy Blond
05-02-2005, 01:27 PM
I talked to my neighbor yesterday about this web site (she has a brand new 2 weeker) and tried to get her to come see. She was pretty leary about just visiting any old web site, so I told her a little about the parenting style & bf'ing support. Anyway, she says "I already have a book ... Dr. Sears' .... and .....". :woohoo :tu So we went on and talked about how crazy Ezzo is. :P

greenemama
05-02-2005, 02:10 PM
that's so great! i'm happy for you to have a kindred spirit so close to home. :)

poleidopy
05-02-2005, 02:15 PM
:mrgreen :tu

erinee
05-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Lucky you! THe only way I can find like-minded parents IRL is to go to LLL meetings. That's awesome!

purplerose
05-02-2005, 02:57 PM
yeah! :tu :highfive That's wonderful!! Hopefully I'll meet some people around here like me too! I do know that one of my neighbors is a babywearer and she teaches natural child birth classes, so we might hit it off! CONGRATS!!!

chelsea
05-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Lucky you! THe only way I can find like-minded parents IRL is to go to LLL meetings.
Me too! :/

Soliloquy
05-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Oh! Isn't it wonderful to have support IRL? When we moved to Nashville from Milwaukee, I was naturally upset about leaving my friends and support network. But, we soon found out that my DH's boss and another co-worker co-sleep and practice AP. They're not Christian, but it's still nice (and an opportunity to witness! :tu).

I'm so happy for you!

This Busy Mom
05-04-2005, 08:37 PM
Isn't it great to find likeminded people IRL?? I had a new neighbor move in last summer. didn't get to talk to her too much, but then found out she's a breastfeeding SAHM :thumbsup :woohoo :praise and she's looking for information on positive parenting ;) .b