PDA

View Full Version : bed rail suggestions?

mamaKristin
03-22-2005, 02:04 PM
DH and I are looking for a new bedrail for our bed. We are planning to move our crib out of it's sidecar position, since we aren't using it at all. Then we hope to use it for naps for DD. Problem is, we have one of those new REALLY TALL (like 12 inches) mattresses. Our old bedrail is only about 2 inches taller than the mattress! Since we live in the middle of nowhere, we can't just go get one, and I'm willing to pay shipping and duty on one from the USA if needed. Any ideas? I can't push the bed up against the wall, it won't be flush enough and with me being pregnant again, I need to be able to get in and out! Thanks in advance!

DogwoodMama
03-22-2005, 02:10 PM
If I was going to get a bed rail, I would try this one: http://www.snugtuckpillow.com/

The reason I like it is because of the design- it is designed so arms can go underneath the pillow, but bodies would rest against it. If you put your bed near the wall, it would help fill in the gap and keep your dc from bumping into the wall. :)

Kaz
03-22-2005, 02:36 PM
We just got rid of our bed frame and put the mattress directly on the floor - its great.

mamaKristin
03-22-2005, 03:26 PM
I would do that, but DH won't. Also we have REALLY soft wood hardwood floors (oxymoron, I know), and he doesn't want to scratch them up. Even so, we are still going to be really high off the floor for falling.

Embracing Grace
03-22-2005, 03:48 PM
We have been using the Safety First bed rail. It lock onto your mattress so there is no gap between the mattress and the rail. We have a pretty thick mattress as well, and it has worked great. You can get one at Babies R US, and it's only like $20.00 (I think).

HTH!

Atarah
03-23-2005, 10:26 AM
we also have a 'thick' mattress. we got one of these before ds was born, and it's been great. no chance of rolling out of bed. http://www.snugtuckpillow.com/

however, now that ds is mobile, it is just another thing to crawl over. :doh if he would nap alone (he won't, but that's a different issue) it wouldn't be safe for him to be alone in the bed. - he's gone over the edge once....not fun :cry

FlyingBlueKiwi
03-24-2005, 07:13 PM
We have been using the Safety First bed rail. It lock onto your mattress so there is no gap between the mattress and the rail. We have a pretty thick mattress as well, and it has worked great. You can get one at Babies R US, and it's only like $20.00 (I think).

We use this one also, and its worked well for us. You have to be strong to get it locked down, though. :eek