PDA

View Full Version : Our Science lesson for the day!

icesmom3
03-21-2005, 10:12 AM
It is absolutely gorgeous here in Maine today(50's)! So the boys and I went on a walk to look for signs of spring.....well I found that I really need mud boots ( we live on a dirt road or should I say mud road :lol) and we went walking up a hill and had a lesson on water errosion, damns, spring run off, melting snow etc. We built several dams to prevent errosion of the side of the road, we collected rocks, Eli made mud pies for Grampa :laughtears and I was in awe of how much learning took place in a fun event!!! It was so fun all around, except for my muddy shoes!! :lol
Just had to share!

Sara
03-21-2005, 10:23 AM
That sounds like lots of fun! Now you can have a lesson on the best way to clean muddy shoes. :lol

prayerbear
03-21-2005, 03:04 PM
great idea had not thought of that thanks cos I ve been wanting to teach it. cheers :clap

Stonebeck Farm
03-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Glad you had fun Aimee.

We too took a walk up the road and noticed some tracks from the deer, checked out some trees (hole housing someone and some interesting trees that fell down), and listened to the phoebe bird. We had lots of fun splashing throught the mud on the driveway. :lol

jennifer2boys
03-21-2005, 06:24 PM
If only we could manage 50 degrees, we would be outside too. :)