Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=430)
-   -   March Meals (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=530597)

The Tickle Momster 03-19-2023 06:05 PM

Re: March Meals

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViolaMum (Post 6279974)
Oooh, Shakespeare! What are they doing?

Littlest''s co-op class is doing Midsummernight's Dream next week.

Tournament was ....... pretty good, I think? This particular one was significantly smaller this year than last for some reason, so fewer speeches broke. Two speeches that broke to Finals for my kids at another tournament this season didn't go anywhere this time, BUT Prima's favorite speech, that didn't go anywhere last time, won First Place! The kids had fun, though. Tertia competed for the first time and Littlest was a hit at the Junior Tournament.

We were supposed to have corned beef tonight, but I dropped the ball, so we're going to have it tomorrow. Tonight is Scrounge.

Much Ado About Nothing

It’s so frustrating when there are so few speeches. My ds has a dramatic interp. There are often only 5 competitor which means no outrounds.

Way to go Prima! It’s so fun when their hard work pays off!

Our corned beef will be tomorrow too. Ds20 is responsible for dinner on Sundays and doesn’t like corned beef. He made Trucker Stew. Not my favorite but he wants to learn to cook, in particular for when he moves out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ViolaMum 03-22-2023 06:53 AM

So, I got behind....again. <sigh> (I have too much music to learn.)

We had Crockpot Cheesy Chicken on Monday and Corned Beef last night. It was sooooo good! (We corn the beef ourselves. If you're ever tempted, it's easy, mostly hands-off, and OH SO worth it!)

I've got rehearsals every night this week, so we need to go with fast dinners. Either tacos or Beef-Broccoli stir fry is on the menu tonight. Prima requested Sausage Stuffed Mini Peppers in the Crockpot, but I don't know that I have the time to put all of that together.

Laurlor 03-22-2023 06:09 PM

I made shrimp fried rice, roasted broccoli, and an asian salad on Monday. Out for DS's 18th birthday last night, and tonight was Chipotle because we had a meeting at 5 p.m. and didn't have time to cook.

ViolaMum 03-31-2023 01:28 PM

It's Fishy Friday, so we're having Salmon cakes and some sort of potatoes (mashed? oven roasted?) with green beans and a salad to round out the meal.

I made Sausage Stuffed mini peppers in the Crockpot for dinner last night. This week we've also had taco bowls and stew. I need new ideas that the kids will actually eat.

The Tickle Momster 03-31-2023 05:53 PM

Cocnut crusted salmon and tater tots. A little odd I know. We need some comfort food tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrincessAnika 04-01-2023 11:02 AM

What about unstuffed peppers/stuffed pepper casserole? I much prefer it because way less time prepping - brown the meat, chop the peppers, dump everything in.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Last night was pork roast and Spanish rice - I like the recipe from Lil Luna, because there’s minimal spice and it’s quick and easy. I usually make enough to have leftovers in another dish. We did tacos the other night. Not sure what tonight will be - maybe hot dogs and burgers? We have to leave for soccer at 445 so….

charla 04-01-2023 11:48 AM

April's meals are here.:)