Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Gentle Discipline *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Gentle Discipline *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Gentle Discipline

Old 08-31-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

Wonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you could ask Crystal any question you wanted to....

what would it be?

Crystal is in the middle of compiling some age-specific answers for Grace-Based Discipline, and needs some good questions

So, ask her whatever you'd like!

Please note:
By asking questions in this thread, you are permitting Crystal/AOLFF to utilize these questions and her answers for publication, either in her website or in forthcoming books. No names or other identifying information of yours will be used.

Come on, try to stump her
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 AM   #2
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If you could ask Crystal any question you wanted to....

How do I help my kids to stop complaining every time I ask them to do something??? It's driving me crazy!
DS1(21), DS2(20), BD1(20), DD1(19), BS1(17), DS3(16), BS2(14), DD2(14), BD2(10), BD3 (8)
(B = Bonus/Step)
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
illinoismommy
Rose Garden

illinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond reputeillinoismommy has a reputation beyond repute

This probably won't help the website, but I really want to know what is the difference between Biblical Parenting (the book) and Grace... something about Family (the new book) ?

I'd like to see more on two and three year olds

What about Bossy three year olds? It isn't any fun to play with them because they are so bossy "sit there.... play with this...."

hmmm I can't think of anything really good though, things are well here .... weird how my mind is blank during these times

Mommy to: Ds (9.5), Dd (7), Ds2 (6), and Ds3 (4.5).

illinoismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:37 AM   #4
thomer
Rose Garden

thomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond repute

How do you 'help' your kids do something (like cleaning up spilt juice or whatever) if they run away screaming when you try to help them. Or fight back.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

What about the 10yo who says "I won't do it and you can't make me" and doesn't care one whit if it means that he has zero privilidges.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #6
AdrienneQW
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

AdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you could ask Crystal any question you wanted to....
...will you please come live with us for a month? Oh, and bring Joanne.
Proud mama of Dexter (Feb 2002) and Celeste (April 2005)
Always loving Thomas William (03/04)
AdrienneQW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #7
Radosny Matka
Rose Garden

I am so blessed!

Radosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond reputeRadosny Matka has a reputation beyond repute

What do I do to help my 2 year old stop hitting/pinching/pulling my 6 year old's hair?

How do I help my undirectable, unconsolable 2 year old when he is upset? I could easily tell my first, "this is not a toy, play with x" Or, 'sand stays in the sandbox, here, put the sand in this." My 2 year old is dead-set on doing what he wants to do, no matter what. No redirection works. He gets "stuck' in what he wants to do. Comfort corner does not work. Hugging him doesn't help. Deep breathing with him doesn't work. It seems like I have to stand on the side, reflect feelings, and let him scream until he's calm. Is there anything ELSE I can do? I hate leaving him to cry. (so,, was that looong enough for you )

Remembering our babies: 12/98 9/99 12/09 1/17
Radosny Matka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:45 AM   #8
HomeWithMyBabies
Rose Garden

HomeWithMyBabies has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrienneQW
Quote:
Yeah that. And although it doesn't help the website any I would like to know if you ever slip up and say something mean or yell at the kids.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:48 AM   #9
Novella
Rose Trellis

Novella is a glorious beacon of lightNovella is a glorious beacon of lightNovella is a glorious beacon of lightNovella is a glorious beacon of lightNovella is a glorious beacon of lightNovella is a glorious beacon of light

How do I help my 33 month old direct his frustration and anger in a better way? RE: stop hitting his sister; stop hitting momma and daddy

How do I teach my son that football tackling our friends is not good play for everyone?

How do you get Crystal to come live with you and teach you everything that she knows?

Weightloss Blog: http://fattygirljourney.blogspot.com/
Novella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #10
booboo
Deactivated

booboo is on a distinguished road

Okay I have one. Piglet is very oppositional and we know it's a part of her issues. What do I do if she does refuse to do what she's told (brush her teeth, etc) and I know it's defiance..something that doesn't involve punishment?

Oh yeah, can you come here too for a week? I'll even take a weekend if you're free!
booboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #11
Chris3jam

How to "make it happen" with older children? How to "redeem the time" when starting GBD 'late' (as in, the children are older)? How to get over the effects of 'bad parenting' the early years? How to assume authority, when you feel you have none?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrienneQW
Quote:
Doh, you took mine!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #13
Aisling
Deactivated

Even artichokes have hearts!

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute

How do you give firm limits to an exceptionally independent, capable 36mo who wants to do everything adults (mowing, using the stove, bathing her babies, checking the mail, sewing) do without totally crushing her independent spirit? (I'm talking about a truly spirited child with a very strong personality...no gate is too high, and no natural consequence seems as strong as her desire to participate independently in the adult world...it's truly do or die!)

Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #14
Spanish Rose
Deactivated

Spanish Rose is on a distinguished road

What do you do when your 12 year old is screaming because he's having a panic attack, but the noise gives your 15 year old a panic attack and everything goes downhill from there? Or even more generally, what do you do when one child's acting up feeds another child and the room turns into a circus? They're all really good on their own or in pairs of 12/15 or 10/15, but put the younger two together and it's just fighting fighting fighting. And it's even worse when all three are together.

How do you deal with the 9-12 year old girl's attitude?

What do you do when everything you say to your 10yo daughter is percieved as critical?

Spanish Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #15
AdrienneQW
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

AdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond reputeAdrienneQW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How do you give firm limits to an exceptionally independent, capable 36mo who wants to do everything adults (mowing, using the stove, bathing her babies, checking the mail, sewing) do without totally crushing her independent spirit? (I'm talking about a truly spirited child with a very strong personality...no gate is too high, and no natural consequence seems as strong as her desire to participate independently in the adult world...it's truly do or die!)
What a passionate soul - she sounds wonderful.
Proud mama of Dexter (Feb 2002) and Celeste (April 2005)
Always loving Thomas William (03/04)
AdrienneQW is offline   Reply With Quote