Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Gentle Christian Mothers Community (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/index.php)
-   Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=421)
-   -   Newbie comment about Pearls (http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=135631)

mrsramjet 10-09-2005 01:04 AM

Re: Newbie comment about Pearls

pearl seems to hang himself with his own words. :jawdrop

katiekind:
i am happy to stand and listen to you on your soapbox anytime. that was beautiful. :hug

joyfulmomsie 10-10-2005 02:21 PM

Would you mind posting where you found that quote? I would like to be able to point my Pearl-following friends to it someday if the subject ever comes up (and I'm preparing myself because I'm sure it will.)

eyesdancing 10-11-2005 12:24 PM

I tried to include a link but for some reason I cannot log onto the No Greater Joy site today. But if you can, go to the article section, go to child training/discipline section, and there is a Part one and a Part two titled Spanking. The quote is in Part Two. I will try to get a link to you later if my computer cooperates. :)

joyfulmomsie 10-11-2005 12:55 PM

Thanks! No need for the link, I can look on the website. I was just wondering if it was from there or TTUAC.

Katherine 10-11-2005 07:31 PM

He makes similar statements in his books, and also by implication imputes a lot of guilt/shame "you're-not-a-good-enough-Christian" onto parents who shrink from following his orders. :sick

UltraMother 10-11-2005 08:13 PM

Quote:

I tried to include a link but for some reason I cannot log onto the No Greater Joy site today
No loss, imo. :lol

KatieMill 10-13-2005 12:52 PM

:banghead My goodness. I just came to this website...and this forum. I had found this place GCM thru researching Ezzo. Had never heard of Michael / Debi Pearl until seeing this thread. Did a little (10 min) of research. First couple of things...seemed fine. I'm wondering, well what's the problem. Kept looking---and I'm shocked. I have had to physically make myself stop after reading about switching a crawler. Switching a crawler? My heart hurts right now.

My prayers tonite will be full of uplifting to our Heavenly Father that the word gets out that there is some very damaging info out there...this has really disturbed me.

ServingGod 10-13-2005 04:29 PM

I love my godmother's reaction to Pearl. She had never heard of him, and when she found out about him she said " I do not respect that man as a theologian, therefore I cannot agree to his "child rearing ideas". Furthermore, it simply is not an organic growth of faith or learning , its not natural, its very forced and there is no grace." I remember, after our dc's baptisms and our chrismations....we were at the reception at my friend's house. My godmother's dh is a Priest (we are Orthodox, and Priests can marry) My friend and her dh had just moved into a new home and wanted FR. C to bless the house. While he was doing the prayers, his 3 boys were running around playing with our boys. He looked at them, looked at us, and said "Do not worry, they will all come by us soon and be quiet and pray with us" Sure enough, they did. No threatening, no yelling, no spanking, nothing....they came over, attracted on their own accord, 7 boys, ages 2-7.

mrsramjet 10-13-2005 08:19 PM

that's a great story about the 7 boys. and the confidence in their natural socialbility expressed by the priest.
:)