PDA

View Full Version : How to register for college board .org

The Tickle Momster
12-09-2017, 07:35 PM
As an independent homeschooler? Dd needs to register with the website in order to receive her scores. There is no option for Home school, homeschool, or just our address. It will not complete her registration without it. :help

RealLifeMama
12-09-2017, 09:38 PM
We are dealing with the same thing right now.
I hope you get some answers.

The Tickle Momster
12-09-2017, 10:59 PM
If you find a solution please post. I will do the same.

tempus vernum
12-10-2017, 07:31 AM
https://www.hslda.org/highschool/testing.asp

If you scroll down, there is a homeschool Code for SAT (I’m assuming
That’s what u meant? My dd did act only and we didn’t need a code that I recall)

The Tickle Momster
12-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Not to register for the trst. :no She took the PSAT in October. She has to create an account on their website to address her scores. One required field is school you attend. W We can't figure out how to answer it accurately.

ShangriLewis
12-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Have you tried Last Name High School:shrug3. Does it verify? Did she take it at a school. Maybe it’s under that school?

tempus vernum
12-10-2017, 09:55 AM
https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/taking-the-tests/home-schooled

Is this it?

The Tickle Momster
12-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Thank you. That linknsays scores will be sent to our home. :tu

We will need an account at some point. I'll keep trying to figure it out. I'll have her try last name school. It does ask for school you attend, not school you took the test at. :scratch

RealLifeMama
12-10-2017, 10:25 AM
So, maybe we list the school where she took the test?

teamommy
12-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Last year and this year I don’t think they had to use the homeschool code to take the PSAT.

When dc took it last year they were asked to give a phone number, address, etc. and of course had the notarized entry ID sheet or drivers permit to get in.
To start an account afterward and get the results online, I had to call the college board. It was very easy and no problem at all. They asked for all the info given during the test, and then set up the account for me. They didn’t care about the school or home school, they just used the info he used to take the test. Results do get mailed but it took a lot longer.

The Tickle Momster
12-10-2017, 01:51 PM
So, maybe we list the school where she took the test?

I thought that maybe, but it doesn't answer the question asked. And, I don't know how all this works with applying to college & stuff.

Last year and this year I don’t think they had to use the homeschool code to take the PSAT.

When dc took it last year they were asked to give a phone number, address, etc. and of course had the notarized entry ID sheet or drivers permit to get in.
To start an account afterward and get the results online, I had to call the college board. It was very easy and no problem at all. They asked for all the info given during the test, and then set up the account for me. They didn’t care about the school or home school, they just used the info he used to take the test. Results do get mailed but it took a lot longer.

She did have a code for the PSAT.

I am really hoping to not have to call them. We live quite rurally and cell service is spotty. It's a royal pain.

Also, if they don't care, why to they require it to create an account? It doesn't make sense.

teamommy
12-10-2017, 03:10 PM
I thought that maybe, but it doesn't answer the question asked. And, I don't know how all this works with applying to college & stuff.

She did have a code for the PSAT.

I am really hoping to not have to call them. We live quite rurally and cell service is spotty. It's a royal pain.

Also, if they don't care, why to they require it to create an account? It doesn't make sense.
I don’t know if I had to call them, but, like you, I couldn’t figure out how otherwise. I don’t remember all the details. It might be different at different test sites?

heartofjoy
12-10-2017, 07:32 PM
I know I created one online for Jordan last fall. When I look at his account, it says TEXAS HOME SCHOOL for his school.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Are you getting PSAT scores tomorrow?

The Tickle Momster
12-10-2017, 09:00 PM
I think so. Dd says they come out tomorrow & the day after.

I'll have her try Washington Home School.

Stonebeck Farm
12-11-2017, 05:20 AM
The magic words are

SCHOOL AT HOME

That works for every state-- DS just took his SAT (Senior) but took PSAT in 10th --it took me months to get his scores. College board had to help. If you are not part of an official organization you use

SCHOOL AT HOME

(I just had to check to make sure SAT scores were being sent to the school he wants to go to. He is already in one school (Norwich) because he had more than 12 college credits, but Purdue wants 24 credits and he has 23 credits at the end of this week! So he took the Dec SATs. HIs other choice U of Maine is like Norwich.)

heartofjoy
12-11-2017, 08:27 AM
I think so. Dd says they come out tomorrow & the day after.

I'll have her try Washington Home School.I think Washington gets them on the 11th. Texas has to wait until the 12th.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

RealLifeMama
12-13-2017, 09:11 AM
Success!

We just put "Home School" and then checked the box that said that the school was not listed.

Did you get yours set up? I guess School at home would have worked also.
I guess I could have put our school name, which seems more "official", but DD set it up and did not think of that. So she says...she also hates the name I picked for our school and wonders why it can't be something cool like "Rivendell Acadamy" or something similar. :giggle

The Tickle Momster
12-13-2017, 09:40 AM
We did get in. The first few times the option to say school not listed wasn't there. :scratch

Then we tried twice on Monday and it kicked us out saying the site was having problems.

We got her scores and all is well.