PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the 1 yr old?

momma2girls
01-07-2016, 09:21 AM
My girls are so good and diligent about school and we are all getting frustrated! I love my little man so much but he is disruptive.
He doesn't want to ride in a carrier while I do school with them. He won't ride on my front or back. He spends the whole time squaking and trying to climb out! If I have him on my hip he is fussing and trying to grab things off the table.
He might play a little bit but then is back at my legs crying for me to pick him up. Toy ideas?
He is really busy and curious which is sweet and fun except when we are trying to do school!

What do I do with him???:think

mamacat
01-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Do you have a high chair with a tray? If you guys all sit at a table for part of schoolwork he could go in the high chair with snacks and then toys of some kind.You can have floor time where you are all sitting on an area rug so you are available for him to climb in and out of your lap while you read aloud or the kids take turns reading.Weather permitting you can go outside and let toddler play if he is doing that or put him in a toddler swing and swing him while kids are reading to you. My older dd would get my gdd set up at table on wide covered back porch(central FL so can do most of year) and then go inside with baby and close french doors.gdd would know she could call my dd if she needed help with something. I used to do one on one schooling with son while the baby dd was sleeping

Beth1231
01-07-2016, 10:56 AM
We installed a toddler swing in the dining room doorway. It saved my life when N was a year old. I used it for hsing and making dinner.

ValiantJoy07
01-07-2016, 12:26 PM
We installed a toddler swing in the dining room doorway. It saved my life when N was a year old. I used it for hsing and making dinner.
What an awesome idea! :rockon

Bookmarking that idea for next school year. It's hard to do school and nurse or bounce baby and have the 3 year old freaking out because I'm not helping *her* fast enough...But it's going to be impossible with a climber, need to do some thing like this. he loves to swing and I don't think that will change when he's 1...

Beth1231
01-07-2016, 12:50 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007HHQ4VI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1452196104&sr=8-2&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=toddler+swing
Some basic wall putty covered up the holes just fine. If we had an oops,I would do it again :yes

mamacat
01-07-2016, 02:16 PM
That swing inside is such a great idea.I had suggested going outside so he could be in a toddler swing but we are in FL and I know weather doesnt always permit