PDA

View Full Version : Why Jesus wants you to stop spanking your kids

Carini
09-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Great blog post on Patheos today.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/formerlyfundie/why-jesus-wants-you-to-stop-spanking-your-kids/

charla
09-17-2014, 08:22 AM
That is a great article.

MrsHutch
09-17-2014, 09:58 AM
While I agree with the article, nobody who believes that the Bible commands them to spank their kids is going to give any consideration to it at all, because it doesn't address what the Bible says about it at all. :shrug

ReadingMommy
09-17-2014, 10:42 AM
While I agree with the article, nobody who believes that the Bible commands them to spank their kids is going to give any consideration to it at all, because it doesn't address what the Bible says about it at all. :shrug

I did notice he linked to another article that went into this a little more. But I agree that it would be unconvincing to the "rod" literalists.

graciousmomma
09-17-2014, 11:59 AM
I really liked the article, but I totally agree with what MrsHutch said.

JessicaGhig
11-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Oh man I'm tempted to send this to my mom! But I'll be charitable instead. ;)

Hermana Linda
11-23-2014, 11:01 AM
That article will not convince most Christians solely because that is predominantly an atheist site.

Posted from my mobile phone by Tapatalk

Carini
11-23-2014, 11:23 AM
That article will not convince most Christians solely because that is predominantly an atheist site.

Do you mean Patheos is mainly an atheist site? What do you mean by that? There are a lot of Christian bloggers on Patheos. :think

Hermana Linda
11-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Do you mean Patheos is mainly an atheist site? What do you mean by that? There are a lot of Christian bloggers on Patheos. :think
Maybe I'm wrong... I was under that impression... I associate it with atheists. :think

Carini
11-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Maybe I'm wrong... I was under that impression... I associate it with atheists. :think

They host blogs and articles from many different belief systems, including atheism but they have many evangelical and progressive Christian bloggers as well. Peter Enns, Brian McLaren are a few of the more well known Christian bloggers there. :)

Hermana Linda
11-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Oh, that's good to know. :yes

And this blogger? :think

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Ok, took a look. Few fundamentals would consider what he has to say. The most important is that he needs to address what the Bible says. :think

Carini
11-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Oh, that's good to know. :yes

And this blogger? :think

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Ok, took a look. Few fundamentals would consider what he has to say. The most important is that he needs to address what the Bible says. :think

I wouldn't expect fundamentals to listen or revere a blogger who calls himself "Formerly Fundie" on any topic. :shrug

I thought it was an interesting article. That's all.

Hermana Linda
11-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Sorry, not meaning to attack you. :hug

I really appreciate the info. :yes [emoji813]