PDA

View Full Version : Are change . org petitions helpful?

mom2g2b
11-05-2013, 10:49 AM
There was a petition on change . org to get Amazon to get read of the To Train Up a Child book. Does anyone know if this is effective?

Glitterfish
11-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Wondering this too :cup

MrsHutch
11-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I've wondered this, too.

bentlaj11
11-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I wish I knew, too!

BarefootBetsy
11-05-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm already signed up with change.org so I'd probably sign it whether it was helpful or not since I don't think it could possibly hurt anything. At the very least, it could show Amazon that a rather substantial portion of their client base feels a certain way :yes

Now, whether or not they would choose to change anything based on those feelings, I have no idea :shrug3

Tasmanian Saint
11-05-2013, 07:56 PM
I know of change.org petitions that have had their effect here in Australia... no idea whether Amazon will care about one, though... Depends how many sigs you get... And what sort of media coverage :shifty

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

TenderLovingWillow
11-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I don't know. I'm skeptical of political online petitions, but I'm not sure about Amazon. ...

rjy9343
11-06-2013, 04:41 AM
I do not know if they work or not, but I would expect they would have more weight with businesses than politics.
Businesses are here to make money and if you anger a large enough of portion of the public, you lose money to your competitors pretty quickly. Politicians can just wait until the next scandal or international event and people will forget it about it before election day.

Hermana Linda
11-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I have heard of them working before. :yes Amazon.co.uk is weakening because a Member of the British Parliament of has been putting pressure on them. :yes

HadassahSukkot
11-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Amazon.co.uk has TTUAC on probation at the moment. They pulled stock and you can only get it used.

Either due to the Twelve Tribes issue and several of us concerned with it saying there were parallels with Pearl's book -- or if it was due to the UK Change.org petition; TTUAC is not available in Germany on Amazon.de

I've signed the US Change.org petition. I betcha they'll review it if nothing else. When controversies come out about parenting books, publishers and distributors have to go and read the books and decide what to do. If it is something that will give CPS pause, they have to decide what to do. Hopefully, this will cause a little more inspection on parenting books, not just TTUAC.

Andi
11-12-2013, 06:37 AM
The change.org petition that I saw for this was so poorly written though... It made wonder if anyone would take it seriously...