PDA

View Full Version : You know what the hardest thing about having a toddler and a baby is?

Aerynne
07-09-2013, 03:00 PM
It's when the 3yo poops and needs to be wiped and I am getting the baby down to sleep. Sometimes she's in the downstairs bathroom and I don't even hear her at all and the other kids don't either, until she eventually after waiting forever cries and cries so loudly that I can hear her and I go wipe her. :bheart

What on earth can I do about this???????

Little Forest
07-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Tell her to tell you before she poops. Worth a try?
Posted via Mobile Device

itzj
07-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Oh, been there done that. I had dd bring me cloth wipes and I wet them with my water bottle, wiped her while nursing in my chair, had her put them in the diaper pail, and then I used hand sanitizer that I kept at the chair (I have my laptop and a box with essentials by my chair in the bedroom). Sounds complicated, but I have babies who insist on nursing through their naps.

JoEllen
07-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Intercom? Might be too expensive or not practical, but just a thought.

Little Forest
07-09-2013, 09:02 PM
What about putting a baby monitor in the toilet or giving her a walkie talkie to use. :lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Aerynne
07-09-2013, 09:07 PM
I think she doesn't always know that she's going to poop before she does, and we have more than one bathroom she could be in. I could tell her she can get off the potty and come to me and I'll wipe her in my room- that would work. Thanks.

Barefoot Bookworm
07-09-2013, 09:13 PM
I tell my kids that if I don't hear them then they can come to me. Sure it occasionally gets messy but it saves the sad cries.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Aerynne
07-09-2013, 09:18 PM
I tell my kids that if I don't hear them then they can come to me. Sure it occasionally gets messy but it saves the sad cries.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't mind a bit of a messy bum- don't want a trail of poop through the house. So what do you mean by messy? Of course I don't want the sad cries either but if it's going to be poop trailing across the floor then I'll keep looking for another solution.

itzj
07-09-2013, 09:24 PM
We've not had any poop trails thankfully. I could never work out a better solution until she finally started doing it herself.

Little Forest
07-10-2013, 06:03 AM
I have had them pull up knickers over an unwiped bum and eventually the mess gets through the clothes and hard to be able to clean every place that was sat upon. :doh
Posted via Mobile Device

Bethany89
07-12-2013, 08:49 AM
I too have told my 3 year old to come to me if she needs to be wiped and I'm nursing the baby especially when I had a newborn!

Heather R
07-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Could your 8/9 year old wipe her? Some could & would, some can't/won't. But i thought t was worth a mention.

Aerynne
07-12-2013, 11:37 AM
Could your 8/9 year old wipe her? Some could & would, some can't/won't. But i thought t was worth a mention.

She will if she has to- she really hates to, and I try not to ask her to if I don't have to.

Quiteria
07-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Take her to the potty shortly before nursing?

Aerynne
07-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Take her to the potty shortly before nursing?

That might work. Sometimes you don't have to poop until suddenly you do, but sometimes you might if you are brought to the toilet.