PDA

View Full Version : Where will this baby sleep?

Tandem mama
05-23-2013, 10:46 AM
We have a king with a twin sidecarred. Both girls are in our bed for the last quarter of the night. Cuppycake is in it all night. When Cuppycake was a baby I put sunshine between dh and I then put Cuppycake on my other side with one of these http://www.humanityorganics.com/humanity-family-sleeper.html

We still have that but the girls are always climbing over me in my sleep now. I'm not sure how to safely put baby to bed?

mamacat
05-23-2013, 11:56 AM
You may have to do some trial runs with girls in king with their daddy and you in twin with baby scenario but maybe working on now so girls will get ueed to idea of you needing to sleep with baby like you DID WITH THEM WHEN THEY WERE NEWBORNS so they will not feel displaced.Or are they still nursing also at night? When gdd2 was a newbie my soninlaw bunked in with dgd1 for awhile and dd had bed all to herself until baby got older.Sometimes it takes juggling around.Then eventually her dh came back and she used a co sleeper and dd1 slept in other room but she was 7 at the time

Tandem mama
05-23-2013, 01:30 PM
That's one thing we have considered. But, it's a daybed so I'm concerned about the slats all round it.

Another thing I've considered is having the girls in the twin (that's where they're supposed to be) and dh next to them with me on the other end (where he is now) with the cosleeper pillow thingy.

Neither of them nurses at night. Cuppycake does for a minute at bedtime, but not during the night.

mamacat
05-23-2013, 01:52 PM
That sounds like a good plan to start working on to have girls in twin then dh andvthen you and baby with that thing.

MercyInDisguise
05-23-2013, 01:53 PM
One thing to consider is that Lydia might not be coming into your bed in the early morning hours 9 months from now. That's a long time away... maybe something to work towards? Or maybe you could keep a sleeping bag on your bedroom floor for her. :think I would also say to have the girls stay on the twin with Don next to them and you and the baby on the side closest to the bathroom.

Tandem mama
05-23-2013, 02:07 PM
We are turning the bed so it won't be by the bathroom it'll be toward the dresser but still. :) I'm thinking that'll be our bes option