PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunately, I'm not surprised.

CelticJourney
03-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Abuse of children and .... Ezzo. Interesting article about a current church scandel, child abuse, and power.

http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/39341#more-39341

iwillhope
03-02-2013, 04:12 PM
it is horrifically sad, tragic, and more, that Ezzo and the Pearls and the like are tools used by Satan in so so so so many Christian families, who yes, I believe have good intentions, who have a strong desire to do what is right, but these parenting books are a tool to abuse children, desensitize mother's and father's hearts to the precious needs of their babies at such a young age, blinding the eyes of the parents, binding their hearts to a set of do's and don'ts that aren't biblical.

Be aware. Satan is as a roaring lion, walking about, seeking whom he may devour. And he will use all kinds of 'Christian' methodology and parenting books to do it.

sad sad sad. I want to rescue everyone. the more I learn grace, the more my heart is sensitized to these needs of my children, the more my heart hears to pain of others. God has such a big heart and he is perfect...I imagine that his heart hurts more to the pain of it all (IDK if this is biblical b/c I have never given it much thought...just speaking from a human POV.)

BarefootBetsy
03-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Oh my goodness! :jawdrop I'm so glad that churches are leaving the group and seeing the group for what they are, but how horrible that those things are happening to begin with :cry

cbmk4
03-02-2013, 04:44 PM
I read about Sovereign Grace Ministries and the abuse scandal on Rachel Held Evans blog. No, sadly, it doesn't surprise me either.

FlyingBlueKiwi
03-02-2013, 05:29 PM
:(

This has been quite a weekend. I live about five minutes from Covenant Life Church, and about 20 minutes from the horrible clinic that killed the woman and her baby.

It's just more of an emotional hit when you pass the places all the time.

:(

momma2girls
03-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Wow. I didn't know any of this was occurring :jawdrop How sad for those poor kids.

rjy9343
03-02-2013, 07:24 PM
I wish I were not surprised. I hope all of these people find healing and peace quickly. :bheart

Jenjardin
03-02-2013, 09:00 PM
I could say a lot more if this wasn't a public forum, but I'll just go with Yeah, it's :bheart :cry :sick and hasn't surprised me at all.

iwillhope
03-02-2013, 11:07 PM
oy so are they like that now? I mean, is all this going on now as well? Or have they changed?

ArmsOfLove
03-03-2013, 12:42 AM
:( It just makes my heart so heavy and sad :(

OneLove
03-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Wow I had no idea it was so bad. So heartbreaking :(

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2

HadassahSukkot
03-03-2013, 06:25 AM
:cry :bheart