PDA

View Full Version : Melitonin post?

2_sweet_boys
11-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Is there one anywhere????? Just looking for more general info and others experiences?

OnlyBelieve
11-25-2012, 07:00 PM
My experience using it has been good. It is what got me some sleep through dh's last deployment.

gardenfreshmama
11-25-2012, 07:34 PM
:yes There have been several discussions on here about it.

We've had really good experience with it! :tu Both my kids would be up until 9:30-10:30 without it, then be extremely grouchy the next day!

HomeyT
11-25-2012, 07:51 PM
You piqued my interest :)

beginingmywalk
12-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I did some heavy research on the subject when I was working second shift and had to get my kids to sleep at odd hours. I decided not to give it to my kids and only take it myself for two reasons. It can cause nighmares if given on a daily basis, which I have not only read but experienced. It can also effect the pineal glands ability to produce the right amount of melatonin in the future. Due to how kids brains and especially the brainstem are undergoing rapid development I figured it was best not to use it regularly for my kids. There have been two or three times in the past I have given it to them while traveling or making up for jet lag. However I do use it myself but try to keep it under three days a week so my penial gland will have to work the other half of the time. Hope that helps!

mamamonkey
12-02-2012, 07:31 PM
There is a sticky.

http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showthread.php?t=376336