PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised my 3yo dd likes pink :shifty

Elora
04-05-2012, 08:46 AM
*I* avoid it at all costs for myself. She's surrounded by boys. She doesn't have access to tv. We don't walk through clothing sections at stores.

She DOES have pink clothes - her wardrobe is made up entirely of hand-me-downs. I have hand-me-downs from 3 different families, so I am able to weed out quite a bit (character and, previously, a lot of pink)

She wants to wear only pink.

I tried to buy her a yellow Easter dress. I was showing her pics online, asking which she liked. None. She said "not yellow ok mom. I want PINK"

I have silver, blue, red nail polish I use for my toenails only in the summer. She wants her nails pink.

mamacat
04-05-2012, 08:51 AM
pink is a common fav color at this age for boys and girls,actually.we know several 3 - 4 ishyr old boys right now who really like pink. One is allowed to get pink bikes etc. one aid he isnt going to wear his fav pink shirt anyplace except at home because "people say things" :(

L-Boogie
04-05-2012, 09:02 AM
My dd used to want to wear pink and skirts/dresses all the time because she thought that was what made her a girl. Well, that and long hair :giggle

Now she'll wear just about anything :phew it's nice to be done with that phase :yes

Waterlogged
04-05-2012, 09:57 AM
one of dd's first words was "purple" at 14mo. at that point, she had a gender neutral bedroom, GN toys, and I dressed her in all sorts of bright, cheery colors (including pink, purple, blue, yellow, etc). to this day, purple is her favorite color. so weird.

lucie
04-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Same here... I'm not girly at all, have nothing pink for myself, and her toys are gender neutral. And yet, somewhere along the line, she decided that pink is her favorite color. I'm just rolling with it; I mean, it is a valid (though totally puzzling) choice.
Posted via Mobile Device

JessicaTX
04-05-2012, 10:49 AM
pink is my 11 year old son's favorite color :)

Elora
04-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I feel like this is "what I get" for hating it so much :shifty :giggle