PDA

View Full Version : My kids are driving me crazy

LadyofReason
04-03-2012, 09:28 AM
They bicker all. day. long. I can handle (and am used to) a day or two of it. They get along pretty well (at least not all three of the big kids fighting) most of the time and then have a couple of bad days before getting back to normal. This has been going on for over a week!
All three of the big kids are snapping at each other and having less patience with William also. He wants to play with his big brother and sisters. I know they don't want to all the time, so I try to work it out so they take turns during the day. He will also play alone periodically.
In between, they are snarky, snapping at each other, etc. It is really taking a toll on my mood. :( Within 5 mins of them all being up I'm ready for the day to be over. :(
On top of that William is apparently hitting the threes. :doh Threes are hard on me. LOL I love the twos but threes are so much harder. Oh the drama!

So, I have a 2 year 8 month year old, 6 year old, 10 year old and just turned 13 year old with a lot of conflict going on. I can handle a day or two at a time of this, but weeks is past my limit. :-/

I need help. :(

MarynMunchkins
04-03-2012, 09:35 AM
When my kids are at each other's throats it either means they're tired or bored.

LadyofReason
04-03-2012, 01:35 PM
I can see tired. Bed time is 8 with lights out at 9, but they aren't asleep until 11 or 12 at the soonest. Some nights it's 1 or 2 for the older two. They sleep until 9-10. We have tried lots of things and can't help them sleep any sooner. Getting them up early doesn't get them to sleep any sooner.
Could be board, but it doesn't look like it on the surface. I would be interrupting what they are doing to give them something else to do. Suggestions if I'm not getting it? LOL

MarynMunchkins
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
We do melatonin if anyone is awake after 10. That's partially for me :shifty, and mostly for them because they don't function well with less sleep.

It often helps if I take away all their screen time (or at least limit it to when I'm cooking dinner). They gripe and moan for about an hour and then engage in much better ways the rest of the day. :)

LeeDee
04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't have any advise but completely sympathize. I didn't realize when I signed up for this motherhood thing that it is primarily refereeing and secondarily being a maid. I feel like I spend all day every day picking up everyone's junk they strew all over the place and breaking up fight after fight after fight after fight. It's exhausting. Emotionally and physically. I feel you and am enjoying some :popcorn while watching this thread play out. Hopefully some wise mamas have some great advice!

LadyofReason
04-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Quick before I head to bed, I picked up a book at the library today. It has lots of ideas for kids to do things outside. "The Green Hour" by Todd Christopher
It will come in handy since screen time is going to get cut. I've been needing to do it for ages, but I'm scared. It's so nice to get some quiet/still time from William.