PDA

View Full Version : I was complimented on my parenting twice yesterday

Blue-EyedLady
02-02-2012, 09:56 AM
:jawdrop

The first person is the woman who coordinates our Co-op delivery. She's a crunchy Christian mom of homeschooled teenagers, but I'm pretty sure she's a fan of the Pearls. She told me that I "really have a handle on my kids." and she doesn't see that in other parents my age. :O I referred to to GCM, but since she doesn't even know what a blog is, I doubt she'll ever wander on over here. ;)

The second person (several hours later, totally unrelated) was DS1's speech therapist, a young mom herself. She sees me wrangle both kids at home for an hour each week at dinnertime (aka meltdown hour), and she still thinks I'm a good mom. :hunh (Of course, 20 min later, I yelled at DS1 for kicking DS2 in the head. :doh)

Thanks to BlessedBlue for dragging me here, and all the knowledge I've absorbed here on GCM, I'm starting to think that maybe, just possibly, I'm a good mom.

:gcm :ty

cro
02-02-2012, 10:34 AM
:heart :rockon

bec28
02-02-2012, 10:46 AM
:thumbsup :hug :heart

BlessedBlue
02-02-2012, 10:52 AM
You are an awesome mom! Really! I'm so glad you came here - not because I was trying to convert you to the dark side of crunchiness but because you have learned a whole bunch of parenting tools, and now you're encouraging others so much!

(You did convert to the dark side, and now you're even crunchier than I am! That makes me laugh, because when you were engaged to your DH he wanted to know if I was a hippie. :lol)

MercyInDisguise
02-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Awesome! It's encouraging to me to hear things like this coming from a variety of parenting types.