PDA

View Full Version : General facebook quotes that everyone passes around

6boysmom
01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
I am just here venting frustration at quotes that are continually posted on facebook and then everyone "has" to post it on their facebook if they truly care. This one was on mine today and am very disturbed on so many levels:

I have to laugh at people who are against spanking. My parents whipped my butt . I didn't hate them. I didn't have trust issues with them because of it. I trusted I was in big trouble when I screwed up and did things my way! I didn't fear them. I feared getting caught doing wrong! But I sure respected them! I learned what my boundaries were, and knew what would happen if I crossed them. I wasn't abused, I was disciplined. This is why kids nowadays have no respect for anyone..... *Re-post if you got your butt smacked and survived!.:sick

Well some of us survived and some of us barely! My son was a toddler and in the hospital starving to death. The doctors figured out that he wouldn't eat because he got smacked by his birth parents if he didn't eat! I would love to comment on this on my facebook page, but this quote was posted on my son's birthmother's page!!!!:jawdrop

I seriously am venting here! sorry!
How do you other moms respond to these kinds of posts? I want to say something so bad, but I feel I should respond by making my own gentle parenting quotes. Do any of you have any great ideas?

ThreeKids
01-16-2012, 03:36 PM
I can see how this would be especially triggering for you considering your son's history, moreso than the usual offense the "repost if you care" ones create.

Victorious
01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
The "random quotes from wise mommas" at the top of the page make for good FB statuses, just pm the writer and ask for permission :)

Sparrow
01-16-2012, 05:21 PM
I have big feelings too. Especially when the quote indicates that children who are not spanked end up in jail. Actually, close to 100% of offenders have been spanked.

Hermana Linda
01-16-2012, 05:32 PM
The Facebook Spanking Status (http://whynottrainachild.com/2011/09/01/facebook-spanking-satus/)

rjy9343
01-17-2012, 06:08 AM
Since you don't want snark, I can only offer a hug. I am sorry, that would have me ranting like a lunatic. :hugheart

SweetCaroline
01-17-2012, 06:45 AM
wait..your son (her bio child) was in the hospital starving bc this *same* lady did that to him?
do i have that right?

6boysmom
01-17-2012, 07:08 AM
wait..your son (her bio child) was in the hospital starving bc this *same* lady did that to him?
do i have that right?

Yes- it's absolutely crazy. We adopted him when he was 4 and were given all his old files. We found that he had gone into foster care at 15 months because he was in the hospital due to failure to thrive and starving. He was only fed koolaid in moldy bottles at home. And while he was in the hospital the nurses had to take him away from his mother because she was cussing and hitting him for not eating. He ate fine after they took him away and put him in another room. It is very sad! My son is now 14 and very profoundly impaired (he already was- not totally because of his mother.) He functions at an infant level so this info won't get back to him.

His birth mom and I found eachother on facebook a couple of years ago-she does not live near me and doesn't want contact so I feel safe having her on my facebook. She is mentally impaired which is why she couldn't take care of him. I blame the state and social workers for not doing something sooner to help my son. I am not saying his mom is innocent, but she had no ability to take care of him at all. Before he was removed from care social workers were in the home trying to convince her to feed him. They came for months to his home where he and his brother were fed koolaid even though they had stacks of formula. The social worker gave her a star chart that she could put stickers on if she fed her baby!:jawdrop That didn't work either, so after the hospitalization he was removed and placed in foster care.

We eventually found out about him through an adoption program and adopted him.:D A HUGE Blessing- my forever Barney the dinosaur lover!

live~laugh~love
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Yes- it's absolutely crazy. We adopted him when he was 4 and were given all his old files. We found that he had gone into foster care at 15 months because he was in the hospital due to failure to thrive and starving. He was only fed koolaid in moldy bottles at home. And while he was in the hospital the nurses had to take him away from his mother because she was cussing and hitting him for not eating. He ate fine after they took him away and put him in another room. It is very sad! My son is now 14 and very profoundly impaired (he already was- not totally because of his mother.) He functions at an infant level so this info won't get back to him.

His birth mom and I found eachother on facebook a couple of years ago-she does not live near me and doesn't want contact so I feel safe having her on my facebook. She is mentally impaired which is why she couldn't take care of him. I blame the state and social workers for not doing something sooner to help my son. I am not saying his mom is innocent, but she had no ability to take care of him at all. Before he was removed from care social workers were in the home trying to convince her to feed him. They came for months to his home where he and his brother were fed koolaid even though they had stacks of formula. The social worker gave her a star chart that she could put stickers on if she fed her baby!:jawdrop That didn't work either, so after the hospitalization he was removed and placed in foster care.

We eventually found out about him through an adoption program and adopted him.:D A HUGE Blessing- my forever Barney the dinosaur lover!

Thank you for sharing your story. What a blessing you are to that child!:heart

pastelsummer
01-17-2012, 09:59 PM
That boy is blessed to have a mama like you.

Sparrow
01-17-2012, 10:44 PM
He is SO blessed to have you!

Chaos Coordinator
01-17-2012, 11:29 PM
As the others said, you are a huge blessing to your child :amen

Elyse221
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
How do you other moms respond to these kinds of posts? I want to say something so bad, but I feel I should respond by making my own gentle parenting quotes. Do any of you have any great ideas?

I found some great quotes for gentle parenting! On Facebook, search for The Dangers of Baby Training. Then click on their album Inspirational Quotes. One I really liked: "It is better to bind your children to you by a feeling of respect and by gentleness, than by fear." (Terrence, c. 190-159 BCE)