PDA

View Full Version : Coordinating Prayer Before Meals?

jandjmommy
01-06-2012, 08:07 AM
We are working on praying more often. One thing I want to get in the habit of is praying before each meal. My family always did this when I was a kid and I loved it, and I feel that it's important, though I also encourage them to "pray without ceasing".
The problem I'm having is that I serve from the kitchen (not from the table), so everyone is sitting at the table before I sit down with them, and I'm preparing the food til the moment I plate it. I always put raw fruit & veg on the table when we set it so the kids can start in while they wait for their plates.
Any tips on how to squeeze the prayer in *before* the food? (And not make it feel squeezed in?) I understand that God will not poison the food or anything if everyone is halfway through before we pause for prayer but I'd rather pray first.
Also, we don't have a microwave, so food that gets cold stays cold.
Thanks!

Calee
01-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Our prayers before meals are not long. You could even have it while all standing in the kitchen before serving the plates, or have everyone sit and walk over to the table, say a quick prayer, and then go make their plates.