PDA

View Full Version : Quiet books

gardenfreshmama
01-04-2012, 12:25 PM
I have been seeing these "quiet books" on Pinterest and various blogs (http://quietbook.blogspot.com/). They look so cool! Has anyone made one or seen one IRL? I'm still a little confused about the purpose... is it just to keep the child "quiet" and occupied for a little while? Maybe for the car? :think

I'm thinking about trying to make one. Anyone want to follow along and make one, too?

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I'm also seeing the idea of "quiet book groups" - which would be so cool! You get a group of 10-12 people and you all make copies of the same page, then swap. :heart What an awesome idea! I might have to head over to the craft forum to spin this...

Niphredil
01-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I can't imagine them keeping my girls quiet. I'm seeing a pillow fight. :shifty

gardenfreshmama
01-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Maybe they would be better suited for the car. :think I think it would be neat to make them age-appropriate, yk? Like alphabet and counting stuff for olders, and more texture-y stuff for the younger crowd.

:rockon Love the new avi, btw!

bliss
01-05-2012, 12:37 AM
I had one when I was little and I LOVED it :yes. But...I was a 'sit and be quiet' type of kid :giggle.

nanookmama
01-05-2012, 01:42 AM
I made one for DD1 for Christmas. I'm intending to use it for church and doctor's appts, etc.

Accidentally made mine kinda huge. I seriously did not plan it well. :shrug3

mommy_of_many
01-05-2012, 12:29 PM
My mom saved EVERYTHING from when my sister and I were kids and she had one of those for us, lol. It has a zipper, tie your shoe, match the colored balloons, and all sorts of neat pages. My kids have it as just a toy. On a side note though, I do "quiet and still" time with my kids where they each have to sit on the couch or diningroom chair and do a quiet activity. I just started this and it is working great for all my kids. I think designing a book like this age specific for each of them would be fun!

amyjoy
01-06-2012, 07:32 PM
I've always associated them with sitting in church, probably because I grew up in a church where kids sat quietly in the service. :shifty It would be cool for waiting rooms, eating out, the car, etc.

The group idea is really cool!