PDA

View Full Version : resources

WildFlower
12-20-2011, 12:42 PM
can anyone tell me where I can find this in print...
I have read it here, and believe it.. but need some "proof" so to speak for the in-laws. They think that I am making DD shy, clingy, that she is TOO attached.

I believe that fostering a closer attachment when she is younger will help her have more secure relationships, attachments and independence as she gets older. That's my summary but I don't know exactly where I read this.. :doh
Is it Dr Sears? or just attachment parenting? or what? I'm not making it up right?

flowermama
12-20-2011, 01:52 PM
You definitely aren't making it up. :hug It's what I believe as well, and also what I have experienced to be true with my own children. It's part of attachment parenting and what Dr. Sears teaches. :heart

I'll see if I can find more helpful links, but here's one to start with called "7 Benefits of AP": http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/attachment-parenting/7-benefits-ap

Katigre
12-20-2011, 01:54 PM
The book "Hold Onto Your Kids" by Gordon N______ talks about how children who are more shy/reticent to leave their mothers for Kindergarden are actually doing better emotionally long-term b/c of the attachment that protects against all sorts of risky behaivor and shows they are adult-oriented vs. peer-oriented. That book might provide some good help for you :hug.

Housekat
12-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Depends on how scientific you want it. Sue Gerhardt's "Why Love Matters" actually goes into the neuroscience behind it and backs it up scientifically.

Fairly easy read, despite all that, too :)