PDA

View Full Version : Someone needs to invent

Psyche
12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
A safe way to baby wear in the car. For all that is good and holy. I cannot handle another baby that screams on car trip. :crazy

klpmommy
12-17-2011, 02:45 PM
itu. :hug

Llee
12-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Amen!

MercyInDisguise
12-17-2011, 05:51 PM
The closest I can come is leaning my boob over the baby into the carseat, but of course that is only when DH is driving. DH made the comment once, "So this is why crunchy people are more likely to keep their kids RF longer... because they are more likely to be breastfeeding them longer!" :giggle

GraemesMomma
12-17-2011, 06:02 PM
I'd be in line for it, if there were such a thing! :yes

ruhama
12-20-2011, 11:33 AM
The closest I can come is leaning my boob over the baby into the carseat, but of course that is only when DH is driving. DH made the comment once, "So this is why crunchy people are more likely to keep their kids RF longer... because they are more likely to be breastfeeding them longer!" :giggle

I did that for a while too. Then I suddenly had a terrifying image of what would happen if we were in a crash and the force my body would apply to them. It'd be like falling on them from very high up. :cry I realized

Now I use my little hand pump for babies and LOTS of stops for toddlers. I SO wish there was some sort of long-distance nipple shield thing. :think Maybe someday...

greengirl19
12-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I'll be in line too. Especially for the newborn phase.

Lady Grey
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Darn physics and all of it's laws. :snooty

ruhama
12-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Darn physics and all of it's laws. :snooty

Haha! Why's it gotta be so legalistic?? Where's the room for grace? :no

tigerlily
12-21-2011, 06:14 PM
I wished for that many times with Zoe -- nothing calmed her on car trips -- except growing out of it.:shifty

Daria_Aleksandrovna
12-21-2011, 06:18 PM
There's an invention - public transport!

Psyche
12-21-2011, 06:19 PM
There's an invention - public transport!

It doesn't exist in my city. :)

Daria_Aleksandrovna
12-21-2011, 06:27 PM
US folks, cough up a bit more tax! Then you might get some!

AngelaVA
12-21-2011, 06:32 PM
:yes I am still traumatized remembering my now 5 year old's car screaming!

twentysixcats
12-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Yes yes yes!!

OnlyBelieve
12-21-2011, 07:17 PM
That would indeed be a great invention!

Daria_Aleksandrovna
12-22-2011, 04:01 PM
I still cannot wrap my head around...what do you exactly mean no public transport? Unless you live in rural middle of nowhere, every suburb must have at least one bus line...how else you'd expect pensioners or people who don't drive to get around??? And seriously, 10 mins walk to a bus stop is nothing!

deena
12-22-2011, 04:06 PM
I still cannot wrap my head around...what do you exactly mean no public transport? Unless you live in rural middle of nowhere, every suburb must have at least one bus line...how else you'd expect pensioners or people who don't drive to get around??? And seriously, 10 mins walk to a bus stop is nothing!

America is much less dense than Europe. You would be shocked at the number of towns/suburbs without even a bus.

As for the subject at hand. I believe there are certain developmental stages that supersede safety. For instance, my 14 year old, developing independence and maturity by playing football.

twentysixcats
12-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah that's definitely not true in the States. If you don't have a car, then you generally live in a city where there is public transportation, or have friends who can give you rides everywhere. And aside from NYC and perhaps Chicago, most cities don't even have an extensive enough network to make it something that can be relied on. My DH takes public transportation everywhere and when we bought our house, we had to look hard to find one that was along the train route. We had to knock out some areas where we would have liked to live because the public transportation didn't go into the county. If I go out of town one weekend and take the car, my DH can't get even to our church which is only 10 minutes away.

ruhama
12-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Yeah that's definitely not true in the States. If you don't have a car, then you generally live in a city where there is public transportation, or have friends who can give you rides everywhere. And aside from NYC and perhaps Chicago, most cities don't even have an extensive enough network to make it something that can be relied on. My DH takes public transportation everywhere and when we bought our house, we had to look hard to find one that was along the train route. We had to knock out some areas where we would have liked to live because the public transportation didn't go into the county. If I go out of town one weekend and take the car, my DH can't get even to our church which is only 10 minutes away.

Yeah, there's such terrible coverage. I wish we could get more. Our house is on a non-rural mountain and it's a 10 minute DRIVE (on roads with no sidewalks) to get to the first bus stop and the city is divided up so badly. Most of the elderly I know shouldn't be on the road but still haven't gotten their licenses taken away. My grandmother can't drive at night at all so family chauffeur her around. It SUCKS that we have so little public transport. Also, everyone drives. Only those who live their whole lives in the super-big cities can go without a license and car.

dakotablue
01-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Oh I wish!!!

When I buckle DS1 in I tell him "I'm so so sorry, but I have to keep you alive and legal. Darn those laws to keep you safe. I'd hold you if I could"

Feeding him does help, but them I'm worried he'll choke...

I try to only leave the house by car when its nap time:shrug3

SweetCaroline
01-03-2012, 09:01 AM
ohmygoodnessgracious...:crazy

yes. nothing makes me feel more edgy than car screaming. NOTHING. like..in the whole wide world

SelahMama
01-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Yes! I remember one particular car trip at Christmas that was supposed to be 4 hours... it lasted 10 hours! Then I figured out how to stay belted in next to the car seat and lean forward to nurse him in his rear facing seat... of course you have to have some larger breasts for this options, but HEAVEN when I figured it out!!:phew