PDA

View Full Version : Another washing/detergent question

ilovewest
12-15-2011, 05:34 PM
ThIs might be a totally dumb question, but I have Mother of a Newborn Brain at the moment, so....yeah.

We use BG newborn AIOs, BG 3.0 pockets, a few covers and prefolds, a few Grovias and a few DreamEzes.... Usually about 15 diapers total per load. I wash cold, wash hot, then a cold rinse. I use Country Save, and have the washer set on the 'large load' setting and use the just-less-than-full scoop of detergent that's recommended on the Country Save box for each of the two washes.

I just read I should be using 1/4 of what Country Save recommends to use for the diapers in each wash? Is this right? A 1/4 scoop for each of the two washes? And with that few diapers and detergent, do I need to put the washer on a smaller load setting?

Sorry, Mamas.... I know these are pretty common sense questions, I'm just terribly out of it these days! :):heart:)

itzj
12-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Do you have hard or soft water? We have soft water so I use even less than the 1/4 scoop on ours. I guess I would take a look at it during the hot wash and see how sudsy it is and tailor it from there. For us a 1/4 scoop would take forever to rinse out.

I do a cold rinse, hot wash with cold rinse, and another cold rinse. Depending on the size of your washer you might be able to go down in size, maybe, but you want to make sure they have enough room to agitate well and get the detergent back out properly. I've always done 20+ diapers at a time so the large load works for us.

Starfox
12-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Diapers take lots of water and not much soap. I only use a 2 TBS of Rockin' Green. I do a cold wash with no soap, then a hot wash with an extra rinse (cold) with the RG.

Soliloquy
12-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes, you should be using very little detergent.

ilovewest
12-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Ok then! This will save me a fortune on detergent, haha! Thank you ladies! Xoxo

itzj
12-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Ok then! This will save me a fortune on detergent, haha! Thank you ladies! Xoxo

I buy my country save on amazon and get the 4 box one. Even doing all of our laundry with it plus diapers the 4 boxes last us well over a year. :rockon