PDA

View Full Version : library

emerald
11-23-2011, 10:16 PM
I requested that my local library buy "Families where grace is the place", and they did! I'm glad that others that may not have heard of grace-based parenting have another opportunity to hear about it.
It seems like the library has bought a lot of my suggestions (an Elizabeth Pantley book, a Positive Discipline from A to Z and childrens books and some craft and health books), so I'm going to turn in more.:D

SuperDudesMama
11-24-2011, 12:50 AM
:heart That's awesome! What a great idea!

LovelyMorning
11-28-2011, 08:06 AM
How does the process of requesting they buy a book work? I've been using the library tons, but I've just been getting books placed on hold that they don't have.

emerald
11-28-2011, 02:52 PM
How does the process of requesting they buy a book work? I've been using the library tons, but I've just been getting books placed on hold that they don't have.

At our library, you ask a librarian for a request form. You fill out the info on it (title, author, publisher, publication date, isbn # and whether its a book, audiobook, dvd, etc.) We made copies of the form and handed in mulitple requests. Sometimes they don't get a lot of suggestions/requests and they really want ideas:)