PDA

View Full Version : My Prefolds are wearing out :-(

solatido
11-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I bought Little Lions second quality prefolds 2 years ago. They were used pretty much exclusively for a year before I got some fitteds to add into the mix. DS is close to ready to move onto potty learning, but not quite.

We are having another LO in May and I am wondering if the dipes will survive his/her diaper career. They are premium sized, so they are good from about 3-4 months on up, at least for my LO.

Anyone else experience this? I am really frustrated! I have plenty of dipes (and MIL offered to dig out the flats she used for her kids) so it's not the end of the world, but I love those prefolds!!! I think it might have something to do with the washer and/or the water b/c DH's older undershirts are also coming through the wash looking quite... sanctified (aka holy).

itzj
11-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I had some prefolds totally wipe put on me and I had bought them new. I now use the worst of those in the bed under the sheet for accidents. The still somewhat functional get stuffed in pockets. Then I bought flats. :)

DoulaClara
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
:hug It's what cotton prefolds do, especially the premium sized ones (they are the ones the kids are in the longest, size-wise). Cotton is a natural fiber, and over time, all natural fibers wear out like that. It's a good thing! (Outside of needing to buy more diapers, that is!) My premiums are getting shredded right now, too. It stinks, and I need to get more.