PDA

View Full Version : Amber Testimonials - Add your own!

Mommainrwanda
11-02-2011, 02:12 AM
I thought it might be really nice to see the ways that amber has helped different people/families on GCM. I believe that amber affects each person differently and in various amounts. But I've found that most people who try it feel like they gain some relief. :heart

So how has amber helped you? Or your baby?

For us - The Urchin has worn her amber necklace since she was 4 months old. I noticed her starting to be unreasonably fussy and uncomfortable and the necklace seemed to calm that, although she didn't cut her first tooth until she was around 9 months. She now has 6 teeth and they have all been cut without any excessive drooling, diaper rash, fussiness or loss of sleep.

This last weekend we took her necklace off for her Sunday morning bath...and forgot to put it back on. :dohHer nap that day only lasted about 45 minutes (it is typically 2 hours). It took her an hour and a half to fall asleep for the night (she's usually out in 15 minutes). The next day she, again, only slept for 45 minutes and was horribly cranky all day. Around 6 in the evening I remembered her necklace. I put it on her and she has slept so well every since. She's back to long naps and regular bedtimes. It looks like she has a few teeth coming in so I would assume that pain was enough to keep her up.

I use my amber necklace when I'm on my period. I sometimes find it difficult to sleep during the first couple of days of cramping and the necklace cuts the pain enough that I can sleep easily.

Share your stories! :heart

greengirl19
11-02-2011, 05:30 AM
G has been wearing an amber necklace since he was about 4 months old. the few times it's been off (lost in the beach bag, a few days before the new one came when the old one was wearing thin, etc) he tosses and turns all night long. I remember the first time it was off when he was about 8 months old DH said something along the lines of 'hmm, I guess that thing really does work'.

He's cutting his molars this week and while he has been a little restless at night it's minor compared to what I think it could be.

Mert
11-02-2011, 05:45 AM
My dh isn't crazy about all the "natural" stuff I do, but we didn't want to be giving pain relievers round the clock for his whole toddler-hood teethings. So he skeptically said give it a try. Ds wore it for months, and we never saw any signs that he was in pain. (To be perfectly honest, we also didn't see that it was working.)

We took the necklace off to go to a wedding or something where I didn't feel like explaining to a bunch of grandparents what it was. Later in the day dh noticed something was dripping on him while he was holding ds. He realized that ds had his WHOLE hand shoved in his mouth and that it was drool coming down ds's arm and dripping on dh. :-/ Dh called for the necklace immediately :giggle and we've never seen that kind of chewing or drooling again!!!

rjy9343
11-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Ivy cuts teeth three and four at a time and stays cranky and in pain until I put the necklace on her. I got it after reading here about it and was desperate for something to ease her pain the first time she began to cut teeth. Even my mother who is really into natural medicine was skeptical until she saw how Ivy acted when I took her necklace off to bathe her. But until I saw others mentioning that their baby does not drool when wearing the necklace, I did not make the connection to the necklace and dry shirts on us both.:blush
My very skeptical brother was so impressed with the necklace that he went in with me to get one for our mother for her fibromyalgia (sp) for mothers day.

MomtoJGJ
11-04-2011, 05:14 AM
We are another family that hasn't actually seen anything happening with it, but we definitely miss it when it's not on her! She has had it on pretty consistently though for 2 years now... only off for the random occasion. We definitely definitely notice a difference in behavior and overall attitude with it off.

PrincessAnika
11-04-2011, 05:27 AM
didn't get one til dd2 was a couple months old....dd1 we didn't really notice much til we took it off (2yr molars) and she drooled so much we went through 3 shirts -- before lunch!! put it back on...all better. dd2 - between necklace and hylands teething tablets i have not had to give her tylenol yet for teething pain (and with dd1 we used it all.the.time) and she has 2 teeth on the bottom and is working on top 2 front. mine helps with my ibs.

:rockon

WildFlower
11-04-2011, 06:43 AM
DD wears hers all the time, day and night so I can't always tell if it's helping but when I have forgotten to put it back on after a bath she is more fussy. I KNOW they work because I have one myself. I use it for knee pain. I used to take ibuprofen every day for it but not anymore. If I forget to put my necklace on , after a day or so my knees start achingg, then I remember that I don't have my necklace on. It really makes a difference for my knee/joint pain and I no longer take any pain relievers. :shrug3

Dovenoir
11-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Mods: Can we sticky this either here or in Natural Health?

bec28
11-05-2011, 04:45 AM
Y'all have convinced me :) I think ds is cutting his two year molars and his sleep is atrocious! He isn't acting too badly during the day, but at night it's obvious something is bothering him. He teethes for a long time and I don't want to have to medicate him every night just so he can sleep (which we've done in the past).

Idk if this should be a s/o (if you want me to op, just say so :) ) do any of you have any articles about using amber for pain? Dh is pretty skeptical and while he won't care if I get one for ds, I'd like for him to maybe not roll his eyes at my hippy ways :)

Mommainrwanda
11-05-2011, 12:53 PM
do any of you have any articles about using amber for pain? Dh is pretty skeptical and while he won't care if I get one for ds, I'd like for him to maybe not roll his eyes at my hippy ways :)

I, honestly, have not seen any decent articles upon the subject. That is why I like to gather as much anecdotal evidence as possible. Just hearing stories like this convinces a lot of people to give amber a try. :yes

Another testimonial from a friend: A friend in the States was so excited about the Urchin's necklace that she bought one for her teen aged daughter. The dd suffered from night time leg cramps and, try as they might, there seemed to be no relief. About a week after beginning to wear the necklace the girl woke up after a restful night with a funny tiredness in her legs. She couldn't figure out why they seemed sore. Then she realized that she had cramps during the night, but, because of the amber necklace, didn't wake up. She's been sleeping much better ever since.

NovelMama
11-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Both my girls started teething very early, and it was a good 4 months before we actually saw a tooth. I didn't know about amber when I had AJ, but I did with PJ, and I used a necklace on her from about 4months until 9months when she started trying to eat it. :doh whenever I took it off there was a noticeable change in her demeanor. She was obviously in pain. I'd put it on and within a few hours she was back to being cheerful and easy-going. I was so, so sad when the time came to remove it permanently so she wouldn't bite the beads. :(

mama-hobbit
11-05-2011, 07:22 PM
I didn't manage to get amber for my kids when they were little... but last year I got a necklace for ME. I have had neck issues for years... stiffness, etc. - and I've had a smallish "hump" since middle school. After wearing the amber for a week or so, I noticed a marked difference in my hump! Since I've been wearing amber (and not even every day... sometimes I only wear it a few times in a week) the hump has gone away completely!:rockon

expatmom
11-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Note to self: find dd3's amber necklace!

anitajoye
12-11-2011, 03:30 PM
do you all let your bb sleep with it around his neck? i have read yes and no...
i was thinking i would just put it in his pajama bottom foot with a sock on (not wrapped around his foot, just in there).
thoughtS?

MercyInDisguise
12-11-2011, 07:24 PM
i was thinking i would just put it in his pajama bottom foot with a sock on (not wrapped around his foot, just in there).
thoughtS?

I didn't at first. I would let him nap with it (because I generally stayed with him through his nap... surfing the web or working on the laptop while he napped beside me). Then at night time I would double it over on his ankle. Eventually I did start leaving it on him at night. :duck Then... I lost it and haven't ordered another yet.

Mommainrwanda
12-11-2011, 11:11 PM

I let the Urchin sleep with it around her neck. But we cosleep and there isn't anything around her on which it could catch. :shrug3 I think that wearing it on the ankle is a great idea for someone who is worried about night time. :tu

sweetkakes419
12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
These stories are great to read. I bought an amber bracelet for my mom for Christmas because she has arthritis in her hands

Katydid
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Amazing! :popcorn for more.

KLin
12-13-2011, 01:09 PM
I got a necklace for myself when I had to get braces again at age 41 :jawdrop :giggle I have worn it most of the time, especially when I have new wires, or wear rubber bands. I think it has helped me. I will be getting them off at my next appt if all goes well :shrug3 :pray4. I may still wear my amber because it is pretty.

MomtoJGJ
12-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Evie wears hers literally all the time. I take it off of her once every 4-6 months for 10 minutes to clean it. She's had it on for 2 years this Christmas. I left it off of her for overnight one night when I forgot to put it back on her after cleaning it and it was a miserable night.

KLin
12-19-2011, 11:05 AM
My braces came off today :rockon I am putting my amber in my jewelry box for a while until my 7 yr old starts with his spacers.

Q&D mama
12-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I love love love our ds2s amber necklace. I am afraid to take it off and he is about to turn 2. I must get myself one to help with pms, I hadn't even thought about it as an option.

ps103
01-04-2012, 12:21 AM
J has been wearing one since about 4 months. At first I would take it off at night, but since about 6 months on we've let him sleep in it. Before the amber, he would drool like crazy and was starting to fuss a lot. Since the amber, he is much more calm, only drools if a tooth is about to come through. I'm so glad we decided to try it for him!