PDA

View Full Version : he got out

GraceFirst
10-23-2011, 11:38 AM
So, I was busy in my kitchen toasting up some delicious pumpkin seeds with my girls, and my little guy JM was busily exploring the things in the kitchen cabinets, having fun. Then a few minutes went by and I realized he wasn't there anymore. So I went to check the house for him and OH MY GOODNESS I noticed the front door was open. My heart started racing so fast I thought I might need an oxygen mask.

After I frantically looked around outside, lo and behold, I saw him sitting in the grass ACROSS THE STREET crying with fear because there was a giant dog sniffing him. :jawdrop

YES, that's right. HE toddled ACROSS THE STREET. THAT CARS DRIVE ON. AND there was a strange dog over there sniffing him. AND he was sobbing his eyes out. :sick

Guess I should be thanking God for protecting my baby boy. Instead I feel like a big lousy failure for not being more aware of where my kid is and letting him come into harms way on so many levels. :blush

Ahhh!

believer
10-23-2011, 12:19 PM
:hug2 He is ok, and that is what is important.
I have had more scarey, feel like a bad mom experiences than I want to remember. It is part of being a mom. That is why I totally believe it when the Bible says that angels are watching over our children. :yes I have had things happen and seen things happen to kids that they survive that have no other explanation.

A friend of mine was in a car wreck last week. It was his fault. He bent over to dig something out of a duffle bag in his truck while driving and rear ended a car while he was going 50 mph. His truck is barely damaged. The car is totalled. There were 5 kids in it. They are all ok. That is just a God thing.

PaperMomma
10-23-2011, 12:27 PM
:hugheart Things like that happen to the best of us. I'm glad he's ok.

How in the world did he open the door though?! :jawdrop

GraceFirst
10-23-2011, 12:36 PM
How in the world did he open the door though?! :jawdrop

My girls were playing outside earlier and I'm guessing it wasn't latched all the way when they came in. If it's not latched he is tall enough to reach the handle and pull it open. And sometimes if it's unlocked, my front door will pop open if another door in the house is shut hard. So who knows.

MercyInDisguise
10-23-2011, 12:53 PM
You are not a bad mom. :no When you know better, you do better, and you didn't know he was capable of all that! Who could have known?

It sounds like a scary experience. :hug2
Posted via Mobile Device

LilacPhoenix
10-23-2011, 04:37 PM
How scary! Glad he's okay! A friend of mine had something similar happen and she was so upset but it happened sooo fast!:hug2

MaybeGracie
10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
That is such an awful feeling. :hugheart I found my toddler in the front yard this summer and felt sick for days. I'm so glad you found him quickly. :heart

Llee
10-23-2011, 05:30 PM
You have an escapee too? Yeah, not fun. Praise God for angels.

Tandem mama
10-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Oh mama :hugheart
That's so scary!! Things like this really do happen a lot. :ptl he's ok. My oldest ran out of my moms house not too long ago. If my stepdad hadn't seen her... She was almost in the road and it was dark.
It is SO SCARY!!! I know!

RedHeadMom
10-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Well, this probably won't make you feel better, but it does happen all the time! Maybe one of those fancy child locks for the door will give you some security?

Calee
10-24-2011, 12:28 PM
My DS2 did that in the spring-he was about 16 months old. Crossed the street and everything-while I was in the bathroom. Still makes me SICK to think about.

I have alarms on my doors now, because he is an escape artist. They are easy to switch on and off, or I can set it to "chime" instead of alarm. It makes me feel much better.

I'm sorry that happened. You are not a terrible mom-although I know where you mind goes when stuff like that happens. So thankful he's ok! :hug2

Rabbit
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Just about every mama has one of these stories.

A repair man left a door ajar, and Simon got out when he was just a toddler in diapers. He ran across the street to a sand volleyball court. Children out and about saw me looking frantic, and pointed me towards the free running baby, because he'd gone so far I couldn't see him. He had acquired a young guardian who wasn't going to interfere with him, but wasn't going to leave him, either, until his mama showed up.