PDA

View Full Version : If you have a little girl

Psyche
10-22-2011, 03:38 PM
How in the world do you not go in debt or have a part time job just to keep her in hairbows and headbands? *swoon*

I am not a girly girl by any means but the handmade ones are so flipping cute!

Aubieirish
10-22-2011, 03:42 PM
I know and you have to have every shade of hairbow to match just right ;)

Charlie U
10-22-2011, 03:54 PM
My girls cried like the dickens when they were on. That helped. Plus they both were lil baldies and I didn't want to make an extra effort to secure anything to their noggins. ;)

thrillofhope
10-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Mine won't keep them in. :shrug And I stink at doing hair, so I don't even try for a bow.

Psyche
10-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I know and you have to have every shade of hairbow to match just right ;)

I know! :haha

MIL wanted to know what else we need. I don't think much. We're pretty set on clothes other than maybe some odds and ends. So she suggested headbands or hairbows. I had the bright idea of seeing what colors we would "need" thinking it would be five or six or something reasonable. 10 different colors, not including pink and various shades of that we "need"!

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

My girls cried like the dickens when they were on. That helped. Plus they both were lil baldies and I didn't want to make an extra effort to secure anything to their noggins. ;)

We could see Jon's hair on the u/s so I made sure to see if she had any hair that I could see in the last. None yet that is obvious :pout

DoulaClara
10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
:giggle We've got a tangled mess of a bin of hair things. Weds didn't have a whole lot of hair until she was about 18 months old, though (and then only enough to use the little gripping clip things). I think a lot of ours were gifts- I made sure my mom and sister and other family members knew that I really wanted cute barrettes, and then added more here and there (I grabbed a couple of really cute ones from a farmers market vendor).

SamRose
10-22-2011, 04:07 PM
My babies are all born w/ lots of hair, but I dont use head bands on my babies. They slide off. :shrug3 Once they are past the "what's on my head? must.yank.off" baby stage and into the "Oh, pretty, i want!" toddle/preschooler stage, then my girls enjoy getting the occasional stiff headband that is all frilly. :yes

PaperMomma
10-22-2011, 04:38 PM
The grocery store here has $1 hairbows. :rockon I buy one or two every week when I'm grocery shopping.

cbmk4
10-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Well, two of my girls were bald for such a long time that by the time they had enough hair for any barrettes, they absolutely refused to keep them in! One of my girls was born with tons of hair and had hair down to her waist by age three, but she hated hair bands! Oh well...

ilikestrawberryjello
10-22-2011, 05:05 PM
I :heart bows!! I learned to make them myself. I have three girls!! We have SO MANY NOW!!!

Eowyn
10-22-2011, 05:11 PM
The local consignment shop has WAHM made headbands for $2 each. After I stock up on those, I only need to get flowers and bows to match each outfit. :bag

blessedwithboys
10-22-2011, 05:15 PM
I learned to make some. I also buy an insane amount though. Miss T leaves her bows in really well, and she honestly *needs* clips to keep her bangs out of her eyes until they grow out a bit more. See? It's a NEED! :shifty :bag

Aubieirish
10-22-2011, 05:39 PM
I know! :haha

MIL wanted to know what else we need. I don't think much. We're pretty set on clothes other than maybe some odds and ends. So she suggested headbands or hairbows. I had the bright idea of seeing what colors we would "need" thinking it would be five or six or something reasonable. 10 different colors, not including pink and various shades of that we "need"![COLOR="Silver"]

[

I am glad I am not the only one with that "sickness". Our oldest dd was born with TONS of hair and loves hairbows. One time she was super sick and we were driving in the car to calm her down. Next thing we know she pipes up very upset and said she was so mad she didn't have a bow in ;)

The baby doesn't have quite enough hair for a bow yet, but that doesn't stop me from trying!:lol

Niphredil
10-22-2011, 06:00 PM
I make mine. It's really fun and simple. So I get some crafting in and it saves $$. Win.

JessicaTX
10-22-2011, 06:11 PM
You can glue the tiny little clips on a baldie with karo syrup. It rinses right off :)

TuneMyHeart
10-22-2011, 06:12 PM
I make mine. It's really fun and simple. So I get some crafting in and it saves $$. Win.

Me too, although I don't think it's fun. But my girls LOVE bows, the bigger the better.

LilacPhoenix
10-22-2011, 06:51 PM
God knew what He was doing when He gave me boys :lol

mommychem
10-23-2011, 02:21 AM
How in the world do you not go in debt or have a part time job just to keep her in hairbows and headbands? *swoon*

Because we get our clothes, shoes, and hair bows from a little girl whose mom is an undeclared shopaholic :shifty. She has one child and buys particular bows to match outfits, most from boutiques, some from Gymboree :yes

My babies are all born w/ lots of hair, but I dont use head bands on my babies. They slide off. :shrug3 Once they are past the "what's on my head? must.yank.off" baby stage and into the "Oh, pretty, i want!" toddle/preschooler stage, then my girls enjoy getting the occasional stiff headband that is all frilly. :yes

Mine have LOTS of hair, too and they actually don't pull the bows off. Getting them on DD1 is the hard part. You would think I was pulling her teeth when I do her hair - accepting ANY advice to end the struggle :help

mipennsn
10-23-2011, 04:11 AM
Mine have LOTS of hair, too and they actually don't pull the bows off. Getting them on DD1 is the hard part. You would think I was pulling her teeth when I do her hair - accepting ANY advice to end the struggle :help

I still don't like having my hair touched ask my dh and my boys are learning. Be gentle with her. My hair is fine and snarls easily, therefore lots of pulling.

I have much preferred shorter styles for ease of care. I'm not a very girlly girl.

My mom tells a story when I was about 3 asking for a spanking because I was squirming so much to get my hair done. :scratch I was also almost bald until I was 3.

She may be sensitive like I was. Just don't like having my hair touched.

Aerynne
10-23-2011, 04:14 AM
I find them on the ground. No joke. People lose their hairbows all the time- keep your eye out and you'll find them. Obviously if I found one I had any hope of giving to its rightful owner I would, but if it's in a parking lot of a store, it's not like they're coming back for it, especially if it looks like it's been there awhile. A trip through the washer, and it's all good. I also don't care if they have one to match everything. I actually don't care if they even wear them at all. Dd2 has never worn one. Dd1 wears them when she feels like it, but she's getting kind-of old for it now.

SewJacki
10-23-2011, 07:30 AM
There are times I wish I could put hair things on our little one but she is a rough and tough kind of girl. Our oldest will wear ponytails but thats about it. I do say they look pretty adorable on babies. :)

cro
10-23-2011, 08:18 AM
DD was born w/ lots of hair (and now has gorgeous curls!), but refuses to keep anything in - always has. :(

BarefootBetsy
10-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Other people usually give us bows and things (it's a great gift to ask extended family for at Christmastime!). I treat hair bands (like for the ends of braids) as disposable, but those aren't very expensive and I buy about a bazillion of them in a package at a time.

dulce de leche
10-23-2011, 10:21 AM
All three girls were born with plenty of hair, but they pull out anything that I put in, usually after indignant protest. I have pretty much given up.

kiloyd
10-23-2011, 10:32 AM
my girls want hair stuff then barely wear it so I don't buy anymore.

Psyche
10-23-2011, 10:36 AM
So you are all saying I should brain wash her now then right? :think

Dear Tessa,

Have lots hair for mommy to do stuff with. Please like head bands and bows. They're super awesome.

:heart Mommy

milkmommy
10-23-2011, 10:40 AM

you give birth to one that eaither can't stand to have those hair ribbons and bows in there hair (Cecilia) or who thinks they are the coolest but needs to be touched pulled at and removed 4,000 time a day till you quit bothering..(margaret)

Deanna

Codi
10-23-2011, 10:50 AM
I found the TEENIEST TINIEST clips I could when she had next to no hair. (Target...they were adorable!) And she wore headbands all the time before I could get those in. :giggle

We do lots in stockings. :yes

I love hair accessories for her. :heart

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Oh and my dd has always kept hers in. :yes So they dont ALL need brainwashing. ;)

Psyche
10-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Would the velcro work? I was thinking of making some now and putting velcro on the back, assuming she had little hair.

Codi
10-23-2011, 10:54 AM
The velcro ones never held for me. :shrug

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

It was just lots of headbands in the beginning for me. Newborns aren't so great at pulling those off. :mrgreen And if you do them often, she might be used to them and leave them alone when she CAN pull them out.

allisonintx
10-23-2011, 10:55 AM
see, now THIS is the job for HFCS.

a little dot of Karo Syrup will keep a tiny bow on a baby head...or so says my mother. :giggle

DoulaClara
10-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Start now! I think that's a good idea. Weds still liked to pull stuff out of her hair for a long time, but I persisted, and even though some bows and little hair things did get lost, around last year she started tolerating and enjoying having her hair done, and leaves her hair things alone for a little while, at least. I think it's a practice/ gradual progression thing. I had the patience and the persistence for it, so I kept at it.

Psyche
10-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm sure the nurse is going to look at me like I'm half cracked when I whip a headband out of my suitcase and tell her to put this on baby BEFORE APGAR :p

Eowyn
10-23-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm sure the nurse is going to look at me like I'm half cracked when I whip a headband out of my suitcase and tell her to put this on baby BEFORE APGAR :p

I made a girly hat, and insisted they use that one on E right after birth. The NCSU nurses guarded it for us because it was "so pretty!"

So you are all saying I should brain wash her now then right? :think

Dear Tessa,

Have lots hair for mommy to do stuff with. Please like head bands and bows. They're super awesome.

:heart Mommy

Evangeline's bald. It hasn't stopped me.:shifty

milkmommy
10-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Start now! I think that's a good idea. Weds still liked to pull stuff out of her hair for a long time, but I persisted, and even though some bows and little hair things did get lost, around last year she started tolerating and enjoying having her hair done, and leaves her hair things alone for a little while, at least. I think it's a practice/ gradual progression thing. I had the patience and the persistence for it, so I kept at it.

Ohh I soo wish but when it resulted in a top of their lungs screaming fight form literly day one and now that child is just shy of nine years and we are JSUT at the point she with just cry and fuss but not scream murder if you touch her hair with a comb...
I think Maggie will be better but nope did NOT work at all for C. :shifty