PDA

View Full Version : RaRs pocket stink...

keeper4ever
10-21-2011, 03:31 PM
I have some Rumparoos pockets that I want to sell eventually because they are snaps. But before I do I need to strip the inserts and one of my shells has a stink to it.

For stripping the inserts I was going to soak them in my sink in RnG and boiling water, then rinse rinse rinse in my FL. I've done this before and it has helped immensely with the ammonia smell. These were my nighttime diapers, so I'm thinking the massive amount of pee they have been holding is why they build up and get smelly? I rinse the insert in the morning after use, and use about 1TBSP RnG to wash every other day, and occasionally use Tide, but haven't for awhile. Does this sound ok?

The shell smells musty I guess in the gusset. I don't have a clue what to do to get this smell out? I haven't used it in probably a month and it actually smells better than it did before...? Help?

keeper4ever
10-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Anybody?

Jillie
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Maybe trying sunning it? That usually helps when we get stinkies. If the gusset is the only thing that smells musty maybe it's not getting completely dry? :shrug3

Glitterfish
10-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I'd wash everything w/ some original blue Dawn dishsoap (just a tiny bit!). You can fill your sink w/ hot tap water, add the Dawn and the diapers/inserts, and agitate them around a bit and let them soak. Then wring them out and rinse in your washer. For the inserts that stink like ammonia, you can try a vinegar soak, but the only thing I've found to consistently work is bleach. Whatever you do, just make sure to rinse a lot w/ hot water!