PDA

View Full Version : Moldy diapers - is there any hope?

tnaallen
10-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Once my babes hit over 1yr I tend to back off CD'ing due to my adverse reactions to the peanut butter consistancy and scraping into the toilet. :shifty

Anyhow, a couple of my last batches got left in the diaper pail too long (while I was using sposies) and now they appear to have mold on them, even after some heavy duty washings. :blush

Is there anything I can do? They are Fuzzi Bunz.

blondie
10-03-2011, 09:09 PM
I'd wash them on warm or hot several times and then re evaluate. :nails

tnaallen
10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
I'd wash them on warm or hot several times and then re evaluate.

I have, and they still look the same. :-/

Now, I haven't sunned them yet, because I don't have a place to put them outside that they'd be safe. but I'm wondering how well sunning works when it comes to mold.

Are tehse diapers basically no good anymore. :nails

milkmommy
10-03-2011, 11:24 PM
sun will actually work a lot better to kill things than a dryer alone will.. soak them in equal parts eaither mule team borteen and vinager to 3 parts water or replace the borteen with oxyclean. the first will do a better job actually removing the mold and spores (where bleach just lightens it) soak for 30 mintues or more then laundry and if possible sun dry.

tnaallen
10-04-2011, 12:13 AM
sun will actually work a lot better to kill things than a dryer alone will.. soak them in equal parts eaither mule team borteen and vinager to 3 parts water or replace the borteen with oxyclean. the first will do a better job actually removing the mold and spores (where bleach just lightens it) soak for 30 mintues or more then laundry and if possible sun dry.

that will ruin their color though, right? Will it breakdown the PUL too?

milkmommy
10-04-2011, 04:37 AM
that will ruin their color though, right? Will it breakdown the PUL too?

nope it wont affect eaither.

Deanna