PDA

View Full Version : Is this mean?

Heather Micaela
09-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Sunday is clean up day. we were busy. So naw we have an extra day's worth of mess to clean up (and with our small house and large family daily clean-up does not appear to make a dent.) Having it cleaned myslef is more effecient than having them "help". They ususlly clean for a while then go to the park with dad while I clean. They ususally come home to a house that is viirtually clean.

Today that is not the case. I had more to do and then got sidetracked by a cockroach. (Phobia inducing) So they are back and dh has a favor to do for a freind for about 3 hours.

So I would like to require they stay outside for another hour unless they have to use the restroom or a great need. It is only 5pm and it is sunny with some clouds and afternoon shade. It is 88 degrees with a nice breeze. Is this mean?

babyb4us
09-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Do they have things to do outside, and is it a safe place? If yes, and yes, then I say no. Help them become engaged in something, and express to them your need for alone cleaning time.

Good luck!

Waterlogged
09-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Not mean if there's unrestricted access to shade, water and restrooms.

WingsOfTheMorning
09-05-2011, 05:06 PM
I don't think so...is there a fun snack you could send outside?

Heather Micaela
09-05-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't think so...is there a fun snack you could send outside?
We have food and drinks but I need to go shopping so there is nothing "fun". They are not forbidden to come in - just forbidden to come in and play or watch TV or get in my way. So IOW, come in and go back out.

The back patio is 90% shaded. The front porch where they like to use sidwalk chalk NEVER gets sun.

They say they are bored. There are riding toys and sidewalk chalk. The area is safe and I often let them play outside till street lights come on. (The 3yo only with supervision and I check on her regularly) And I watch with my ears IYKWIM

MarynMunchkins
09-05-2011, 05:16 PM
I'd tell them to come in and clean or go outside and play. Complaints of boredom will be interpreted as offers of help. ;)

Up until 50 years ago, no one had a/c and they all played outside. They'll be fine. :)

Heather Micaela
09-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I'd tell them to come in and clean or go outside and play. Complaints of boredom will be interpreted as offers of help. ;)

Up until 50 years ago, no one had a/c and they all played outside. They'll be fine. :)
I am not worried about the heat. For some reason this house works like a greenhouse and most of the summer it is cooler OUTSIDE. I just hate hearing them whine about boredom. It is mean to ME.:giggle

Baby just fell asleep on my lap. Attempting to get up without waking him and force the kids outside.