PDA

View Full Version : Parenting beyond your capacity book?

KSL
09-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Has anyone ever heard of this book? The director of kids ministries at the church we just started attending (who doesn't have kids.... She's pretty young, not saying that's good or bad, I was just surprised) recommended this book TJ me and I think the church uses curriculum based off of this book:
Parenting Beyond Your Capacity: Connect Your Family to a Wider Community (The Orange Series)
Reggie Joiner, Carey Nieuwhof

Llee
09-03-2011, 03:38 PM
:bump

Pearl In Oyster
09-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Never heard of it but it sounds intriguing and want to hear what others have to say. :popcorn

PrincessAnika
09-03-2011, 05:59 PM
there's a small excerpt on amazon.....i didn't see anything that raised a red flag in the blurb but i'm not the best at picking that sort of thing out. no dobson/tripp/ezzo/pearl in the works cited section....has hal runkel? i think thats his name. screamfree parenting?

KSL
09-03-2011, 08:27 PM
She said she'd lend me a copy and I am volunteering in church nursery tomorrow so I'll try to remember to ask her for it. This seems like a good church-youngish crowd, pretty progressive, has a husband wife team as pastors which I love.... I guess I'll have to be the GCM reviewer for this one;) I'll let you all know what I think...

thomer
09-03-2011, 09:01 PM
I read it and I really enjoyed it. :tu

Unfortunately I don't have it anymore :doh but I don't remember anything bad about it. Def. nothing that promoted punitive parenting. :tu

I really think the whole program is really good. DS has gotten so much from ch church since it started. It could be our awesome Children's pastor tho :)

KSL
09-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Thank you traci! That makes me feel better. I'll definitely report back when i read it too.