PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

LadyofReason
08-25-2011, 10:54 AM
How can I be so ready to be past the baby stuff and dreading it at the same time. :no I can't wait to be past having to worry about naps and dealing with poo. I won't miss the cloth diaper laundry though. I really have fun with that. :giggle I'm going to miss all the sweet "words" he uses as he tries to figure out this thing we call English. I'm going to miss not having a 2 year old once he leaves this stage.
I'm excited to move on to what I call "big kid stuff". Going on day trips with no baby stuff to think about. Weekend trips that don't mess up a routine or make naps hard. Stuff like that. I really really look forward to that. But that means no more little squishy babies, no more tiny cuddles, no more watching that little lump develop into a person. :cry
*sigh* Sorry, having a rough day where I really don't want to mess with taking time for a nap or have to deal with poo, but I also know I'll miss it when it's all gone. Being a mom is hard on the heart sometimes. :(

bec28
08-25-2011, 05:44 PM
:hug :heart I understand. I hunk recognizing it and trying to make yourself slow down and enjoy where he is right now is good. I hope things got easier today :hug

MaybeGracie
08-30-2011, 09:35 PM
It is so bittersweet, being happy about leaving behind the inconvenient parts of babyhood but sad about it at the same time. I hope you're feeling better today. :hug

LadyofReason
08-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, we are doing better. :) We are moving toward underwear (reluctanly on my part) because he has a rash from not telling us when he poos. It just doesn't smell in the cloth diapers, so I don't always catch it. So underwear to air his tush out it is.
He does pretty well with running to the potty. Of course he gets to into playing sometimes, so we are doing a bit of timed potty breaks too. If I could be sure he would run to the toilet for his poo I could relax some. LOL
I have a chance to go out with friends this weekend and I think that will help a lot too. :)