PDA

View Full Version : Good Thoughts My Way, Please.

jenny_islander
08-16-2011, 04:24 PM
This is about Eva, who is more huggy than she used to be since we eliminated certain things from her diet that were making her ragey.

BUT.

She, I, and Matthew are home alone this afternoon. We have picked berries and gone to storytime/craft time. It's a gorgeous summer day out there, perfect for playing on the lawn.

Can't play with Daddy--he's at work. Okay, call the neighbor kid's mommy. (There's only one neighbor kid.)

He can't come out today. So Eva asks me for something to do. Suggestion, suggestion, suggestion--shot down, shot down, shot down. Her choice: to sit on top of her brother, all up in his face, trying to make him do stuff like a big doll. He says back off, I say back off, Eva won't back off, so I tell her to find some other room or go outside. She charges outside bellowing that I don't love herrrrrr. The neighbor kid comes down to play after all and she brushes him off because everybody is disturbing herrrrrr. So how about she go potty first and then go into her and Sophia's room and shut the door? Noooo because she doesn't like playing alone and anyway going potty is impossibuuuuulllll. Waaaaaaa.

Sob, sob, I never get to play with anybody and I won't let you comfort me because sob, sob, I'm soooo tiiiired, I'm siiiick, don't you know thaaaat? Yup, she's deep in the state of mind where she doesn't want comfort or an audience even--just a target. No comfort, no help. Even when she finally says that all she wants is to watch a movie and I say, sure, pick one after you potty, she continues to lie there and eehhhhh and sniffle and insist that I will pick a movie while she's in the bathroom and start playing it--she makes up reasons like this to make herself even more miserable, I swear. I finally tell her that I am out of patience and stand up and THEN she goes potty.

I go into the kitchen and when I come out she is still huddled into the bathroom ordering everyone outside (which is nobody because Matthew went with me) to go AWAY and stop DISTURBING HER. I tell her that she was hollering at an empty living room and she eeh-uuuhs and waas some more, but I refuse to respond so eventually I hear finishing-up noises. Out she comes and promptly runs away outside.

She just came in, apologized for crying at me, and handed me the newspaper. Her movie is in the player. She says she's very tired and that's why she was crying, so I'm just going to let her rest.

Cross your fingers.

WingsOfTheMorning
08-16-2011, 04:28 PM
:hug2