PDA

View Full Version : two questions-Help!

sassafrassmom
08-15-2011, 06:30 PM
this one is kinda a two part question to try and figure out my problem here. I love CDing and have been at it for over 3 years, but have this repeated problem that makes me want to pull my hair out! Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles in the final rinse! I will strip, switch detergents, add vinegar, etc...and find myself back with this issue again. I just recently got some used diapers from someone, and I suspect that maybe they had some buildup and that may be why I'm getting all this soap, but I also just bought some new detergent (Ecos free and clear) and am wondering if that is it....so here are my questions:

1. what is your washing routine? do you check for bubbles or just wait for stink then strip?

2. How do I get rid of extra soap? If I strip and then see them come back again, do I just need to switch detergents? I am using on that is recommended and 1/2 the recommended amount.

DoulaClara
08-15-2011, 06:42 PM
How do you usually strip- boiling, or Dawn? Typically I rinse until the bubbles are gone, but if I need to strip them, I do a hot/cold wash with Dawn, then another wash with warm/warm (no additional soap) and then boil them, then give them one more rinse. It's a giant pain in the behind, so I try to not do anything that requires stripping (but our water system is always running from hard to soft, so it also is a little guessing and a little luck).

LadyofReason
08-17-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't check for bubbles. I just do two extra rinses and leave it at that. I have never had build up trouble. The only trouble I've had is from not clean enough (barn yard smell and ammonia).
I got barn yard with Charlies. Tide (before Ultra Tide :td ) worked fantastic for me. Still never checked for bubbles. Starting with Ultra Tide I had barn yard again and ammonia with everything else I tried. :( Fingers crossed that my homemade soap will work better.

DoulaClara
08-18-2011, 10:00 AM
LOR, Tide works, but not Ultra Tide? :think And which homemade soap are you using?