PDA

View Full Version : talk to me about liners...

WildFlower
08-03-2011, 06:09 PM
I am having issues with messy poop. She's in that inbetween stage of eating/breastfeeding where it's not EBF poo but not able to be dumped in the toilet yet. I don't really want to swish or spray if I can help it. I was using Viva paper towels but it seemed they kinda still disintegrate or stick to her but when they are wet are still pretty messy.

Would fleece liners work better? Could I dump off the poo in the toilet? would they be too hot in the summer?

Any other fabric that would make good liners? I tried making some flannel liners but they just roll or wrinkle up after washing... I made some family cloth out of t-shirts and some roll up badly and some lay flat...I can't figure out what sort of fabric makes it roll/wrinkle vs laying flat...

any help/ideas?

backtobasicsmum
08-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I have disposable liners that I use. They are thesehttp://www.kushiesonline.com/Flushable-Biogradable-Diaper-Liners-p/l545.htm

I can find them at my local Walmart...and they are so long, that I actually cut mine in half, getting twice as much use out of a roll. As well, if I have one in a diaper but it only gets peed on, then I put the liner in the wash with the diapers and they come out really soft. I then reuse them for wiping really poopy bums (you know, get the big chunks off, before using cloth wipes). :tu

NeshamaMama
08-03-2011, 06:53 PM
We use microfleece liners but they're not really that useful for the in-between-EBF-and-solids stage. The poop doesn't really fall off the liner and you still have to swish. We've always used them for moisture-wicking purposes, but now that we have full-on toddler poop they're definitely great.

If you really want to avoid swishing/spraying completely, disposable liners are your only real option as far as I'm aware. I remember that poop phase well - and not fondly. It will pass though, promise!