PDA

View Full Version : serious nighttime peeing.

Iveyrock
07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
sigh. I really want to be cloth diapering right now, but I can't even keep up with regular laundry. That being said, Max is peeing - a lot - at night. In the morning everything is completely soaked. Since sposies clearly aren't doing the job, I'm going to try cloth - assuming he can sleep that way. I am thinking my wool is my best option, yes?

Waterlogged
07-29-2011, 02:59 PM
probably. and some super awesome PFs.

itzj
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM
I did a green acre designs semi fitted stuffed with 2 flats or prefolds and then covered with a dancing bears night soaker cover (fleece). No more leaks. I still had to change her because she would wake up but it would have totally held it all no problem.

Elora
07-29-2011, 08:32 PM
if nothing else works, hemp baby behinds with a wool soaker were the only thing that kinda kept my super soaker dry

Zipporah
07-30-2011, 01:06 AM
BBH also comes in bamboo. I used them with a flannel wool cover (sugarpeas) for mine and it was pretty much bullet-proof.

Fallin2Grace
08-04-2011, 09:46 AM
I wasn't sure if you wanted to purchase the diaper or make your own, but we have tried a ton of brands and my favorite overnight cloth diapers are Happy Heiny's one size-double inserts. As well as Fuzzi Bunz one size (you can adjust the legs and everything with that one). My son is a super soaker, and the Happy Heiny's has been the best and at a great price. Blueberries/Swaddlebees are AMAZING but they are expensive....$30 a diaper, about and its too costly for us, but if you wanted to spend the money those are great too!

Gingermommy
08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
My daughter has been a heavy night soaker as well. Our current favorite diaper for night is the "Flip" diaper by bum genius stuffed with a prefold in addition to what it comes with. We also put on a wool cover over the top. It's a little bulky but doesn't leak! :-)

-Bethany

passionatemom
08-15-2011, 09:37 AM
I would not use wool alone for a cover if your kid pees a lot at night. I have a heavy-wetter too. Wool will absorb some of the moisture, but the moisture gets squeezed out when the wool is compressed - like whenever a child lays down or sits down. Wool did not work for us overnight. However, a wool cover in combination with a regular waterproof cover is great, the wool will provide some extra coverage.

That being said, many people say wool is the greatest thing for heavy wetters overnight ??? Glad it works for them.

sassafrassmom
08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
I've got a major super soaker myself. My favorites are toddler size hemp prefold plus hemp insert stuffed into fuzzibunz or toddler hemp prefold with hemp insert and a fleece cover. Fleece is awesome at keeping the wetness in and so much better than wool for nights, IMO....if you are interested in used FB, I've got a bunch in Large! ;)

lalaithnil
08-19-2011, 01:16 AM
:popcorn