PDA

View Full Version : 2yo stinky overnight diapers

ShangriLewis
07-10-2011, 12:31 PM
We use MEOS. I haben't been able to do them overnight for awhile. They become stinky like sting your eyes ammonia. she usually gets a horrible rash, too. Any suggestions? They are clean and don't need stripping.

I would like to buy some new dipes for night. Suggestions?

I am using disposable at night currently.

Eesti
07-10-2011, 12:43 PM
We used a one sized pocket w/a thick microfiber/hemp insert like knickernappies super do inside.

ShangriLewis
07-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Pockets are BG and FB? I think I might watch for some.

What are some good stuffers?
Can I wash them with the other dipes?

Eesti
07-12-2011, 11:41 AM
some people use prefolds or microfiber towels as stuffers. I prefer the knickernappies super do for nights.

DoulaClara
07-12-2011, 11:45 AM
My MEOS organic diapers give me issues with stinky night pees, too. I ended up boiling them and then sunning them and then boiling them again, and I bought hemp liners to use with them- so far, so good (until they start getting stinky again.)

tempestjewel
07-12-2011, 12:06 PM
We use pockets- one size FB or BG stuffed with a hemp baby "bigger weeds" wrapped around a microfiber insert, with a nylon pull-on over that (either Dappi or a Bummis Whisper Pant). It holds everything in quite well and we've not had any rash issues. DS is a heavy wetter overnight.

ShangriLewis
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't think boiling will help but they are on their 5th child. I think if I boiled them they would just fall apart. I had to throw a few away because I realized there wasn't anything left in the middle:giggle

DoulaClara
07-12-2011, 03:39 PM
:giggle I know. Mine are four years old, and are really snaggle-toothed. Lots of holes at the snaps. I doubt Pugs will be using many (any?) of them; they're really getting worn. I don't doubt that boiling has contributed!