PDA

View Full Version : G-Diapers?

Littledisciples
07-01-2011, 05:51 PM
I was curious how those work and watched how to use them on you tube. I don't know they seem like a lot of work to me. :shrug3 Does anyone really like them? I have liners for my pocket diapers and you just dump the whole thing in and flush. I actually rarely use them to tell you the truth. But I was looking at the g-diaper options and just wondering if it really works or not for full time cloth diapering? I will be using more cloth diapers as little boy goes up in the sizes of sposies. I only get so many sposies a month. :think I was just thinking that they could possibly be nice to take out and about. But then I watched a video on them and I am not sure if they just seem like so much more work. :shrug3

inesperada
07-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I used them and liked them. You can use cloth inserts if you'd prefer. I used cloth at home and only used the disposable insert when we went out...and then I always just threw it away because I figured they're biodegradable...so.

crunchymum
07-01-2011, 08:37 PM
I liked them fine. :shrug I haven't used them this time around. I'm looking into getting the Flip system, which seems like it works almost the same, but a little more well designed, maybe? :think

RedPetals
07-01-2011, 10:53 PM
LOVE the Flip system! I never tried G-diapers, but I know people who tried them and quit. :shrug3

In my Flip covers, I mostly use their stay-dry inserts, or tri-folded prefolds (cheap!) They do make a disposable insert that works well (I got a free pack). But, honestly, when I travel by plane, I use disposables. If just by car or a day trip, cloth is no big deal!

canadiyank
07-02-2011, 12:36 AM
They're ok. I found they were terrible for BF baby poo. I composted my liners, I didn't like the cloth inserts compared to my "true" cloth.

Littledisciples
07-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I seen the flip diapers next on their and I was thinking the design looks better. But I have never used either diaper. :think I was just thinking the insert would be nice for travel. But then I am not sure it looks like that insert doesn't catch it all so that kind of goes against the reason you use a disposable while traveling. :shifty:shrug3

RedPetals
07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Exactly. I think either go all disposable or go true cloth.

greengirl19
07-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I use them for travelling. I wouldn't use them at home, but we just got back from a week on the road with no problems. My main complaint is that G pees out the side of them if he's not standing up at the time, which means that if he pees right after nursing while still laying on me it's all over me. I'm sure sposies would do it too but we've been in cloth full time. So I just have to be sure that he doesn't lay on his side when he might be peeing and we're fine.

Oh, and I use the biodegradable Grobaby (or Grovia, whatever it is now) liners in the G-diaper pant. The liners are similar but the grobaby one has a gusset that helps with bf baby poo.

jettefoss
07-12-2011, 12:04 PM
i have tried the gdiapers with my oldest with the disposable insert and didn't like it. now with my second i tried it with a prefold inside and it works great. no leaks or anything. :)
i don't know how good they work with the gcloth insert since i never tried it.